Thursday, May 14, 2015

Catching up...

 I finally got some sewing done.  I now have enough half-square triangles and 4 patches to do 27 more blocks for my Jacob's Ladder.  I will now work on piecing those.  I'm anxious to get this one finished, I really like how it is looking so far. 
 That is all of the sewing that I have done lately.  I am having a few little heath issues and I have been spending lots of time in bed reading.  No sewing....just reading.  :)  Hopefully that will all get straightened out soon.

Do you remember a little while back that I mentioned that I had a bird that built a nest in my wreath on my front door?   I had Richard to move it and hang it beside the door.  I took some photos a couple of days ago and they have hatched.  4 tiny little birds.  :)
 A close up...
 I snapped the pics and turned to walk back in the door and look what I saw on one of the chairs out there.  :(  A blacksnake!  :(  He was about 6 ft long.  I hate snakes, I don't care what kind they are.  I freaked out and yelled for Andrew.  Andrew was going to get him off the porch for me and I was slowly trying to take his pic and Andrew came up behind me, pinched me on the back (like I was getting snake bit)....I screamed and peed all over myself.  LOL!  Anyway, he did move the snake for me, he took him over in the woods and turned him loose. 
 Now I will leave you with some lovely photos of my girl!  :)  Chantal had her pics done when she was a week old and she got them back a few days ago.  There were about 20 poses in all but here are a couple of my favorites. 



 That's all for now...I need to get my day started

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Kristie, I sure hope you are OK!! Such a beautiful baby!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hope you feel better soon. Seeing that snake would have freaked me out! As I was opening the front door last summer, I saw a snake on our stoop ... he slithered off. It was weeks before I would feel safe to go out the front door. And it was "just" a garden snake. 😳

Michelle said...

Your quilt will look awesome. I love it just as far as I have seen it. I hope you are ok healthwise. I would have 'wet' myself without anyone pinching me if I had seen a snake on my porch. Isn't there products to sprinkle or spray around your house to keep snakes away? I think they sell something in our area. Your niece is absolutely adorable! Take care!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

seeing a snake as long as that one is as you turn around would startle anyone! We have those here as well but I have only seen them a distance from the house - I know they eat mice and moles and things but i do not like snakes either and don't want them near the house but I am sure they are and I just haven't seen them.
Sorry to hear you have been unwell - take care of yourself and get better!

Janet O. said...

Sorry about the health issues, Kristie. Hope you can recover soon.
Oh, did you send Andrew to time out, or were you just so relieved to have that snake out of there? *LOL*
Beautiful baby photos!