Sunday, May 24, 2015

Debating...

I pieced one more star.  I'm still not sure how far that I will go with these.  Maybe a table runner or a lap quilt. 
Here are two stars that I made from the same fabric.  They look totally different.  That is one thing that I like about fussy cutting them.
I'm thinking that I may need to take a break from my hexies for a week or two.  I'm debating on how that I want to finish it and that got me stressed out.  LOL!  I have most of the sections peiced and now they just need to be sewn together.  It's the edges that I'm not sure about.  I'm not sure if I want the sides straight and the top and bottom shaped like the hexies.  I don't even know if I want to hand quilt it or machine quilt it.  I will figure it out, I'm sure but right now I just need to walk away from it.  
I worked on a few Windmills also.   It felt good to get back to these. 
I ended up piecing 18 more of them. 
Adding 18 more of them now takes me to a total of 126!  Sounds like a lot but I actually need 402 more of them!!!  For what I have planned I need 528 of them. 
I also pieced a few more of these tiny 4 patches.  They finish at 2".  I have 100 of them done and I guess I will work on these on and off for a bit or just use them as a leader/end project.  These are for a long term project and I need a million more of them. 
So it's Memorial Day weekend, I know a lot of people have cookouts and such but we are not doing anything really.  Richard and Andrew are working all weekend.  Hunter has a friend staying over and I'm just hanging out.  LOL!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am doing nothing special this weekend either - rain predicted for next two days why bother to try to do a cook out in that - all of your quilts are wonderful pieces sometimes though we do need to put one aside and take a break and say come back in a month or so - I do it all the time.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Traveling home today (basting EPP bow ties). As far as I know, we'll be unpacking and settling back in tomorrow. Happy Memorial Day.

Clare said...

I thought you may want to look at Karen`s blog http://faeriesandfibres.blogspot.co.nz/ for inspiration. It`s amazing how she works with EPP. Happy Stitching

ruthsplace said...

Your blocks look wonderful. I love the way the fabric works when fussy cut. I need to get back to mine. Seconding the recommendation to check out fairies and fibres blog, it's a goldmine of beautiful English paper piecing.

Janet O. said...

Lovely stars!
You are doing great with the windmills! I only have 50 of them, but I am only planning on a lap quilt. Haven't even figured how many I need. : )