Monday, August 3, 2015

My Sunday...

 Sunday...Richard and Andrew both had to work Sunday.  I was up early canning before Church.  Hunter and I rode to Church with mom.  After Church mom had dinner so we ate and spent some time with my brother, John and his family.  They stop by mom's house most Sunday's after Church.  

When I got back home, I finished up my canning.  While I was canning I sat down at the machine in the kitchen and did a little bit of sewing.  Nothing major but I worked on my Windmills.
 My canning for the day...5 more pints of Fried Apples and 3 1/2 pints of Apple Butter.  We still have more apples on the trees!!!  I will keep canning apples until I run out.  LOL!  I will soon have more beans ready to can as well. 
 That was the extent of my Sunday...

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

A nice bunch of windmills.
You are so diligent with your canning. You never take God's bounty for granted. I admire that!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have one apple tree that I planted two years ago - it will be nice if in a couple more years I will have some apples to use.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I LOVE apple butter! We should have had enough beans to can or freeze, but we haven't been able to pick enough to make a decent-sized pot of beans. All the rain we got in May and June has done a number on our garden. :-(

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You had a very productive day! I love canning: tomato juice, green beans, apple butter. Makes me feel connected to the Mothers/Grandmothers who have gone before me. Your windmills is coming along nicely

Nemo said...

Hi! I'm a long-time lurker, who loves to see your quilt projects. Now I'm very curious, how do you make apple butter - and what do you use it for? Greetings from a reader from Norway.