Sunday, February 11, 2018

After 6 years...

 I'm so excited!!!  I finally loaded my Courthouse Steps on the longarm!!!
 I snapped this quick pic of it as I was loading it on the longarm.  She's a big one.  I'll have to check again but I think it measures something like 92x100...maybe even larger.  LOL!  It is made with 6" blocks and each strip finishes at 3/4" wide.  There are 224 blocks in this quilt. 
 Now here's the bad news...LOL!  I am quilting it using a panto called, "Lot's of Leaves"  This panto is very dense and measures 15" wide so there is a lot of quilting in this.  So much so that I run out of bobbin before I even get to the other end of the quilt.  Anyway...I got one pass with the longarm quilted and then I broke a needle at the very end of that first row.  Now everything is all out of whack!  :(  Skipping and bad stitches.  :(  So now I will have to probably reset the timing on it.  Oh well, I will probably do that today after Church. 
 Before I loaded my Courthouse Steps on the longarm yesterday morning, I finished up this customer quilt.  The pic is a little dark but it was before daylight and the lighting was not that good.  You know me...I don't sleep a lot, just a little here and there.
 This quilt was hand pieced by a childhood friend of my brother's.  Actually he lived about a mile away from us when we were growing up.  I've quilted several of his quilts.  I don't think you can go wrong with a bow tie.  It is one of my favorite traditional blocks.

I need to get the binding sewn on this bow tie quilt and also the purple I-spy quilt that I did the other day.  Don't know if I mentioned it or not but the purple one is sold as soon as I get the binding done.  

Coming up this week...Hunter has an orthodontist appointment on Monday.  Thursday is payday so I will run errands and grocery shop that day.  Also I need to get my Courthouse Steps off the longarm and load on some customer quilts.  I have two more that will be dropped off sometime this week but I also have several here that I need to do as well.  I have 5 king size tops from one lady that need quilted.  I also have 2 t-shirt quilts that need pieced and quilted for customers.  I need to make 2 Cross Memory quilts for a couple of people.  Of course, all of that is not going to get done this week but at least over the next few months.  Oh and my SIL has 4 or 5 quilt tops that need quilted.  Not sure when she will be ready for me to quilt them but I already have them on the list to do.  Hmmm...it seems like I am forgetting a few.  LOL!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so much quilting for you - that must be dense to use a whole bobbin on one way across the width! you must get tired from being on your feet all day even if you stand on gel cushions like so many long armers do. Courthouse steps has always been on my list but have never made one - one day

Shell said...

I love this quilt. Can't wait to see it finished. So happy for you, that you have time to do some of your own. It must be amazing to see one of your own finally done :)

---"Love" said...

Your Courthouse Steps quilt is really pretty. Sorry your machine is giving you such trouble, but I'm betting you get it straightened out soon. Sounds like you are going to be really busy this next week. ---"Love"

Panto Pam said...

Oh, Kristie, this quilt is so amazing! I have the 6" finished Log Cabin Trim Tool ruler by Creative Grids and I MUST pull out my 1.5" strip bins and make some of these blocks! Hope you get your machine fixed soon. That always gives me "high nerves"!

Janet O. said...

Wow--just beautiful, Kristie!! Won't it be exciting to finally have this on your bed?
You have so much quilting lined up, sounds to me like you will already be busy until Christmas!