Saturday, February 3, 2018

Making lots of progress

 It's been a busy few days.  Let me start by showing you my quilting progress!  I pieced 20 more of my Windmill blocks while Richard was doing some adjusting on my longarm.  These 20 bring my total to 320...only 208 more to go!!!!  LOL! 
 I did get this customer quilt finished.  This is the one that I posted in the last post.  It was hand pieced out of t-shirts and polyester.  Soooo stretchy to quilt. 
 After he did some adjusting, I loaded this little quilt of mine.  Not really pieced just a piece of airplane fabric with a border sewn around it.  A nice sized baby quilt.  This makes me 5 of my own for the year.  If you remember I have a goal to quilt 15 of my own this year.  So I'm off to a pretty good start. 
 The tension was almost perfect but still a hair off.  You can't really tell it on this quilt because I redid any issues that I had on it.  

I also loaded another one of mine on the longarm but did get a pic of it.  It's not finished so I will get a pic of it then.  It will make number 6 quilted for the year!  

Now just a few various pics... in this laundry basket I have a few of the quilts that are coming up to either be pieced or quilted.  You can see a bunch of t-shirts in there.  Those will be used for a t-shirt quilt that I will be making for a childhood friend of mine.  She contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I could do it.  The blue and white is a hand pieced bow tie quilt that belongs to a customer.  It needs to be quilted and the binding done.  Underneath that is my Courthouse Steps that also needs to be quilted.  I have the backing and batting ready and the binding is already cut.  I'm very anxious to get it quilted. 
 Then over on my cutting table I have a few more projects.  First you see my Jacob's Ladder that needs the borders sewn on then quilted.  The Churn Dash needs the binding done. 
 It is a cold weekend so I made a big pot of chili for us to eat.  We got a little snow Thursday night so Hunter didn't have school on Friday.  A long weekend for him.  Richard is also off this weekend but Andrew has to work all weekend. 
 In other news...my momma went back to work.  It's a long story that I will not completely get into.  She wasn't able to have her surgery if you remember because of her blood pressure and blood sugar being too high.  So that was put off until it was under control.  She had to go back due to some insurance reasons.  I talked to her today and she was having some pain and had ice on the shoulder.  Not good at all.  So we will just have to wait to see how this all goes for her.  She is planning on retiring later this year as well.  

This morning we will be making a trip to Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight to pick up some things to fix a few issues that we are having here on the farm.  It's always something no matter where you live, right?  LOL!  It's 10 degrees this morning so I really dread getting out.  :(  So we'd better get going....




2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that T-shirt hexie quilt didn't turn bad at all considering you had the stretchy issues with it - is that what messed up your tension on the long arm - different then quilters cotton for sure. Have a good weekend, hope your mom will be ok, it sucks that she has to wait for her surgery but nice for her that she can retire this year.

Janet O. said...

Good progress all around, Kristie.
Oh, I hurt for your Mom. Hope she gets her surgery soon so she can begin healing.
You are having the temps we should be having, but we are in the 40s. Really odd winter!