Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Creative Mess...

 I snapped this pic last night before turning everything off and heading back downstairs.  As you can see I have a creative mess.  LOL!  I need to take a few minutes to pick up before it gets out of hand. 
 I still have my Courthouse Steps on the longarm.  I think I mentioned that I broke a needle and now the stitches are horrible.  :(  So I'm still trying to get that figured out.  Do you see my little step stool in front of the longarm?  LOL!  I'm only 5ft tall so when I work from the front of the longarm I have to get on the stool.  LOL!  This longarm is huge and very tall.  The height does not adjust.  When I work from the back of the longarm to do pantos, I am fine and don't have to have a stool.  LOL!

My design wall has a few different things on there.  You can see the biggest thing on there is my postage stamp blocks.  Then just odds and ends of other blocks.  Some of them are just trial blocks to see if they are something that I want to turn into a quilt.  

I didn't manage to accomplish much yesterday.  I adjusted a little on the longarm, pressed some binding that needs done, and ended up piecing 4 more windmill blocks.  This brings my total to 324.  I still have a ways to go on these.
 Hunter didn't have school yesterday or today due to area flooding.  In the past weeks he has been out of school a lot due to snow and ice and now it is flooding.  We got several inches of rain a few days ago.  This is the reason that they start back to school here around the first of August.  They usually miss so much during the winter.  We have a ton of hills and back roads so it makes it hard for the buses to travel when they are snow covered. This also makes it hard when trying to learn.  It's hard for him to learn and remember things when he only has school a day or two a week.  On some of the days that they miss they have to do what is called, Google Classroom.  There assignments are online.  

Hopefully I can get some binding or something done today.  I really need to.  LOL!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Don't feel bad, my sewing room looks worse than yours! I am five foot tall too; I plan on getting a long arm some day and will have to remember that I need an adjustable height model!!!

Panto Pam said...

Oh, I love your space! It looks perfect! My fingers were itching yesterday and I made a few 6" log cabins and courthouse steps blocks. Thanks for the inspiration! Your quilt is beautiful!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you need to ask your husband to make a long platform the length of the quilting frame the and height of the step stool that you can keep in front of your long arm and then you wouldn't have to keep getting on and off of the stool to move to the next area :)

Janet O. said...

That is such a nice sewing space. Not if you could just grow a foot or two taller. :)
That must be hard for students and teachers alike to have the school days chopped up so much.