Thursday, January 3, 2019

Crackers and Customer Quilts....

Yesterday I spent most of the day piddling instead of sewing.  I did get a customer quilt loaded on the longarm.  It's a small one with a few issues but I will get it quilted sometime today.  

I did piece 5 more Cracker blocks.  Nothing major but just added a few more to the stack.  I did a little cleaning and organizing up in my sewing room too.  
Here is another random customer quilt that I quilted recently.  Just to add another pic to this blog post.  LOL!  A classic looking quilt that I really enjoyed quilting.  If I remember correctly it was for her great niece. 
Richard just went out the door for work and Hunter is in the shower for school.  Hunter almost missed the bus yesterday as it ran early and he wasn't completely ready to go.  I have a doctor's appointment later today.  I dread it like a toothache.  LOL!  Just a routine appointment to try to get things back on track.  You guys know that I am so bad for that.  

While in town today I will be picking up a few customer quilts.  I have to run by the bank and pick up a quilt top from my friend Rita.  It's a queen size.  Then on to a different doctor's office to pick up an EPP beauty from my friend Christy.  It is a queen size as well.   Then I need to run by my friend Nora's house to pick up quilts from her.  I'm not sure how many that I will be picking up there.  Nora takes care of he disabled mother that also quilts.  So these will be both of their quilt tops I'm sure.  I will be doing the binding on all of these quilts too.  I have a lot of people that bring me their quilt tops but if I'm already in town then I will stop by and pick them up or meet them somewhere.  I also have some customer quilts here that need to be done.  So expect upcoming photos of them soon.

I will close this post for now.  I'm going to finish my coffee and as soon as Hunter gets on the bus, I'm getting in the shower to get my day started.  It's going to be a long one as I also need to grocery shop....it's payday.  LOL!  Tomorrow will be a long one as well as Hunter has an orthodontist appointment and that is a 3.5 hour round trip drive.  :(  


2 comments:

Shell said...

So happy to see you back at your blogging ! You have been missed my friend !! Getting close to sending you two of my quilts !!! Just made and canned my first Turkey stock :)

Janet O. said...

As usual, your life is very full!
Sounds like your quilting business is really on a roll, Kristie. That is so good to hear!