Wednesday, February 27, 2019

A gift and an order for two more...

I pieced this baby quilt over the weekend.  Andrew's first cousin on his dad's side has a baby girl due any day.  I still have a good relationship with most of my former in-laws and family.  LOL!  Anyway, his cousin Chris is just a couple years younger than Andrew and he's such a nice young man.  I wanted to make a quilt for the new baby.  I think they are inducing her on Thursday the last that I heard. 
A dear friend of mine sent me the Wing Clipper Ruler for flying geese.  I really wanted to try it out so it was the perfect time to make the baby quilt.  So much easier than the old way and they could put pretty close to perfect.  I put my back out over the weekend so it was slow going for me.  I got it pieced and quilted it yesterday morning.  I will send it by Andrew to the new baby when she arrives.

I posted a pic of it on FB yesterday and my SIL's mom (my brother's wife) asked me to make TWO of them for her.  She needs them as gifts later this summer for a set of twins...a boy and a girl.  So it worked out well for this pattern.  :)

Sunday, Andrew turned 26!  Oh my where has time gone?  Shew.... hard to believe.  I'm so proud of the young man that he is.  He works 100 hours a week and I've tried and tried to get him to cut down some.  He works hard and saves almost every dime.  :)  He and his girlfriend, Hannah were here Sunday evening after work.  I made him a Key Lime Pie.  That is his favorite and I make it every year because that is what he wants.  I also made chocolate cake for the ones that didn't like pie.  :)  

I mentioned that I put my back out.  I've been on the couch with a heating pad for a few days now.  I did get that baby quilt quilted but then I was back on the heating pad for most of the day.  It's getting a lot better...not perfect but better every day.  So yesterday while on the couch I was on Pinterest way too much.  LOL!  I have so many customer quilts and so many quilts that I want to make and not enough time to do it all.  I'm sure we are all like that.  

Oh I started a new applique quilt.  I'm just going to work on it between customer quilts.  It is a purple tulip design.   The blocks are 22" so they are big.  I have one pressed on the background with heat-n-bond but haven't stitched it down yet.  I'll post a pic of that tomorrow.  

Before I close I want to thank everyone for the wonderful comments about my published quilting.  A few of you were "noreply" so I couldn't respond.  It was a fun experience that I really enjoyed.  

4 comments:

PymaGirl said...

What a lucky baby o receive such a cute quilt! Is there somewhere I may find the pattern instructions?

Panto Pam said...

Oh, what a beautiful quilt! Did you have a pattern, or did you just "wing it"? :)

Janet O. said...

O do like my Wing Clipper, too. It just makes squaring up (or rectangling up?) so much smoother and easier.
That is a nice baby quilt.
Sounds like you are keeping plenty busy. So sorry about your back. Sure makes it hard to keep up with everything when you have to stay attached to a heating pad a good share of the day. I know what that is like at times. Hope you heal quickly!

---"Love" said...

What a pretty baby quilt! I hadn't heard of that ruler; glad it worked well for you. ---"Love"