Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Published Quilting

 I'm excited to say that I had the honor of quilting this beautiful quilt that was published in the April 2019 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting!!!! 
 The awesome Tara Baisden of Quilter's Ridge designed and pieced it.  :)  Let me just say that in person the quilt is even more beautiful.  American Patchwork & Quilting is hosting a sew-along on FB if anyone wants to join.  :)
 Yep! It's there in the fine print.  :)  I have to say that this was very exciting to me!  Of course, when the magazine came out I bought 5 copies!  LOL!  Richard and I were in Walmart when we first saw the magazine on the shelf.  There was an employee standing there and he said, "my wife quilted a quilt in this magazine"  LOL!  He was proud LOL!  That lady just looked at him like, "whatever"  LOL!  Her expression was hilarious.
 Here is the cover of the April issue.  If you don't have it, you need to pick it up!  There are several very pretty quilts in that issue.  :)
 Soooo....I'm off...Richard just left for work and Hunter is still in bed.  He didn't have school today because of flooding.  I'm heading upstairs to load a quilt on the longarm.





8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

How exciting! You should be very proud of yourself, it's evident your husband is. Congratulations on a wonderful job. I would have bought 5 copies too. Have a wonderful week!

Annie said...

Lovely work Kristie! It’s a good example of how complimentary quilting can take a really nice quilt to a higher level.

kadie said...

Congratulations Kristie! Great work. It is good to see that even "normal folk" can make it into a magazine. Be proud of your skills and brag away!!

Best,

Kim

Rhonda said...

Oh wow congratulations to you!!! The next time I'm in town I'll purchase a copy.

Janet O. said...

WooHoo, Kristie! That is very exciting!! It is a beautiful quilt. When you quilted it did you know it was going to be in a magazine?

---"Love" said...

What an honor! It is a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to get my copy in the mail; I'll give the article a good going over! Congrats on getting published! ---"Love"

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh, Kristie! I just got my magazine in the mail yesterday and was taking a quick look at it this evening! CONGRATULATIONS! That's amazing.You should be so proud! The quilt is gorgeous! We're proud of you out in blogland!

Panto Pam said...

How exciting for you! There are several ladies in my monthly sewing group that are going to make this quilt. Once I saw what they were talking about, I proudly told them that I know this quilter! :)