Monday, September 26, 2022

Memory Quilts and Pinwheels...

Lots of quilting in the works!  I pieced a few more pinwheels for one of the customer quilts.  He wants it by Christmas so I'm just piecing a few here and there until I get a few of these other quilt orders done.  I'm also using the pieces for leaders and enders.  

Just really running them through a few at a time and laying them on the ironing board and pressing them as I get a chance.  These are 8" blocks.  
Saturday and Sunday I worked on cutting and prepping some shirts for a memory quilt.  I have a lady that wants 2 full size quilts made from her husband's shirts.  Each quilt will have 25 blocks and then a border.  I got all of the shirts cut apart and stabilizer on half of them.  

I will embroider on one block of each quilt his name and dates.  

A few posts back, I showed a couple of little blankies and a dino quilt that I did for my nephew, Tucker.  Chantal sent me a couple of pics of him with them.  


Everleigh and I will be going to Ashland with mom and Monday.  She has to have a little procedure on Wednesday and has to have a Covid test before.  Hopefully after I get back I can start piecing on the memory quilt #1.  I have several projects due before Christmas.






 

2 comments:

Moneik said...

I have several of those customer quilts that need to be finished by Christmas as well. I best get on it!

Janet O. said...

I admire that you take on customer quilts for Christmas gifts. Such a busy time, and I am sure your customers appreciate what you do for them.
Oh, those shots of Tucker are so cute!