Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

On my "Friday Night Sew-In" this is what I did! I worked on quilting this quilt for a customer!! It is beautiful!! I had planned on working on my string diamonds too but I was just too close to having this one finished. Long story short....I finished this on early this morning!!! Now it will be shipped back to the customer on Monday! I will post a photo of the completed quilt after it gets back to its owner!
This quilt is huge! It is COMPLETELY HAND PIECED!!! Amazing! She did an amazing job on it and it lays so flat! That is what I love!!

Today we had Christmas at my mom's house! She was gone during Christmas so we had to wait until she got back home. We were going to do it last weekend but my brother could not get out here because of the weather! We had a wonderful time today!!! I will post photos of that in the next post, I still have to load them on the computer!
Kristie

13 comments:

Amelia said...

Very pretty!

Hazel said...

Your quilting compliments the top very nicely .

Rhonda said...

That some great quilting!!!

KyQuiltlady said...

Very pretty quilt and you did very good job with the quilting.

Cath Ü said...

I am looking forward to seeing the whole quilt.. oh lucky Christmas again... I hope it was fun...
cath Ü

Libby said...

You do beautiful work! Thanks for spreading the word about the Friday Night Sew In! I have met so many sweet ladies and I have loved seeing everyone's work!
Merry Christmas (again)
Libby

Michelle said...

The quilt looks very pretty. I can't wait to see it finished. Glad you had a good day today with your family.
be blessed,
Michelle

Unknown said...

The quilt looks beautiful, I hope you will show it all to us.

QuiltedSimple said...

Ok. You know I cannot just see a little picture of my quilt like this!?!?!?:) Please post the whole thing before I receive it - I am DYING here friend! lol What I am seeing is absolutely STUNNING.
Kris

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get this one finished! Better check on the mailing on Monday - I think it is a mail holiday because of MLK Jr day. I get the day off of work! woo!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You did such a beautiful job. What a lovely quilt!

Anita said...

Very nice quilting on the quilt. Your customer should be very pleased. Looks like your machine is behaving now.

Texan said...

quilting looks great!!!