Sunday, January 3, 2010

My String Diamonds...

I have had several people ask me about my string pieced diamonds that I have been making! I'm telling you they are addictive! I never imagined that they would be like this. Anyway, online you can find a ton of quilt patterns to make with strings, some are from squares, some are diamonds, and some are triangles.

A few months back I bought this book at the bookstore. I love scrap quilts and most of what I make are scrap quilts, so these string pieced blocks are perfect for the odd little pieces leftover.

This is the quilt that I plan on making with my diamonds! It is called "Diamond Strings with Lattice" I really like it! Here are a couple of other quilts that are in the book that you could use the diamonds for. This one is called "Scrap Happy"
And this one is called "Eight Point Stars"
I'm sure there are other patterns that could be made with the diamonds but these are just the ones in the book that I have. The book also has string pieced Bow Ties, Spools, and other star designs. I think after I finish this quilt and when I start another string project, I will do it using squares.
Here it is after 4pm, and I have not sewn the first thing today. I have been trying to clean house and organize a little. The boys go back to school tomorrow :( I have really enjoyed having them home with me for the past few weeks. Off to fix some supper...spaghetti and garlic toast!

10 comments:

Amelia said...

I like the last one best - the star looking one.

Hazel said...

I like the lattice one your doing .I'll have to see about that book.

Cheryl Willis said...

I think I might have the book- must be why I was so drawn to your diamonds, I have it on my TO-DO list (the one in my head) Must be going on 10 yrs now. keep showing your progress and I will jump in when I can. cw

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for answering my inquiry, Kristy! I, too, love the diamonds in the lattice patterns.I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Rhonda said...

That is a great book. I have it around here somewhere.....LOL....I just love scrapy quilts. Good luck!

Michelle said...

I'm with Amelia. I like the star one the best.
be blessed,
Michelle

Libby said...

Those stars are very pretty! That book is a great find! I know that you will miss the boys! I am sure dreading when mine go back!
Libby

Unknown said...

I like those diamond patterns a lot.

Anonymous said...

They all look wonderful. hmmm. It's very tempting to keep even smaller scraps now. :)

Nishant said...

I was so drawn to your diamonds, I have it on my TO-DO list (the one in my head) Must be going on 10 yrs now. keep showing your progress and I will jump in when I can.

Work from home India