Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm sewing!

I'm sewing!!! Not quilting on my frame like I would like to because I can't go upstairs yet! But I am working on a UFO! So see that is a good thing! That will be one less UFO or PIG whatever you want to call it! I had this one started and had about 80 of these 6 inch 9-patches sewn together. I am just sewing them in rows and setting them on point. My setting triangles are blue. You can see one of the blue triangles in the bottom right corner of the photo. I got all of the 80 9-patches sewn together so now I am working on piecing more 9 patches from my 2 1/2 inch scrap squares. I have a tote full of them so this will be a good way to use some of them up. It feels almost like a FREE quilt top when I don't have to cut into my stash. Anyway, I'm planning for this top to be a full/queen size in the end. This is the reason that still can't go upstairs to use my frame....we started staining the stairs! The weather has turned off cool and rainy so we stopped because the stain just will not dry the same. We didn't even get the first coat on all of the stairs but at least we got a few of them done. This is what it looks like after the first coat. Now only 2 more coats and 2 coats of poly! :(


I stepped out this morning while it was still sprinkling...before the heavy rain started and took this photo of my flowers. They just started blooming this morning! Don't look too close because the weeds are taller than my flowers! LOL! I didn't even touch my flower beds last summer because of my hip and leg injury and this spring, I just haven't got to them yet!
And my sweet Donkey hiding in the weeds! LOL! He has been going outside a lot since the weather has turned warmer and he has lost a lot of weight, but he seems to love it outside. That's all for now...I have to strain the goats milk and get it put up then back to sewing!!!
Kristie

6 comments:

Yvette said...

That quilt looks like it will be so cozy. Scrap quilts are turning out to be my favorite.

I am surprised Donkey wants to go outside, I thought he would have been traumatized. My Linda goes out in my patio when I am there to watch her and she loves it. I won't let her out unsupervised though, I am too paranoid.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Woo hoo for sewing and for flowers blooming!!

Libby said...

Beautiful flowers! and I am glad to see that Donkey is feeling better after his injury!
I love a patchwork quilt and that one is beautiful!
Have Fun!

Floss said...

Love the photo of donkey in the garden. nice to see flowers, still waiting for them here.

Deb A said...

Pretty quilt and love the flowers starting to bloom!

Unknown said...

Why do you put the poly on the stair?