Monday, July 18, 2011

Burns my butt!

Are you tired of seeing this quilt yet? LOL! I sure am! I do love how it is turning out but I am ready to be finished with it! Do you see anything wrong with this photo? :(

In my rush to finish my last 2 rows (7 of each block) I made my half square triangles too small!!! Just not paying attention. I had made all of my sections and was ready to piece the blocks together before I realized what I had done. The bad part is.....I don't have enough of the navy fabric to finish my quilt, but the good part is....I can get it at my local quilt shop as soon as I get down that way. :( I need less than 1/2 yard! I was really looking forward to finishing this up tonight, I even had my borders and bindings cut.


As of right now, I guess I will just piece together what I can on it until I can get the fabric to finish it up. I have a new quilt in the works IN MY MIND! LOL! So I may go ahead and get things together for that and I also have a few customer quilts to work on too, so it's not like I don't have anything else to do.

Kristie

12 comments:

Amelia said...

Sure is pretty...what is the pattern called?

Janet O. said...

I'm not tired of it--I think it is gorgeous. Don't you hate it when you make mistakes cutting like that? I think I make at least one on every quilt, sometimes more.
Don't forget--you can always work on the bowties!! : )

Three Birds Inspired said...

Gorgeous quilt. I love how the straight lines look curved!

AmyJo said...

Beautiful quilt !!

Julia said...

I love it Kristie..love the curves and how the blocks look so different depends which part you focus on..
have you stared on the Bowties yet!.
Julia ♥

Yvette said...

I could never get tired of seeing this. I am sure glad I am not the only one that makes mistakes like that.

quiptowngirl said...

I absolutely love seeing that quilt. It is beautiful and you did a great job! Thank goodness you can get the fabric you need, I hate it when I make those kind of mistakes.
Cindy

Me and My Stitches said...

I have to say that I'm not tired of seeing that quilt - I love it! Don't you hate making mistakes like that? Mine are usually when I am trying to think too late at night!

Texan said...

I am not tired of seeing that quilt, I just love that quilt! Love the pattern and all the fabrics!! Glad you can get what you need to finish it up as its sure a beauty!

Michelle said...

Oh...that is frustrating! I'm sure we've all dome something along those lines somehow or another. :P Thank goodness you'll be able to get more fabric though!

Unknown said...

No, not tired! It is beautiful, but how frustrating to make this mistake and run out of fabric...

Nana Time said...

Did you finish your nearly insane quilt and if so could you tell me how you quilted it?

I am unsure how to quilt mine.

Thanks....enjoyed your blog!