I am just working on this quilt when I have my sleepless nights...which is pretty often. LOL! I'll get it finished before too long.
Not sure when I will get it quilted but I will just add it to the pile when I get the top completed.
Now on to everything else....okay the house....the seasons are changing so fast and we still have so much to do. We want so bad to move in before WINTER! Like I said before the house will not be finished but I can live with that for a while. This evening we plan on jumping in and getting this drywall finished within a week. I just hope we can do it. At first we thought about hiring that job out but the money just isn't there for it. I figure I can mud the screw heads and put the tape on the seams if Richard can mud the seams and the ceilings. We will see how that goes. Also there is more hay to cut this weekend. Just a small field, should end up with something like 100 bales from it, but it is something that HAS to be done.
So here is my list of stuff for the house that needs to be finished before WINTER!
- Mud the drywall
- Purchase our wood stove for heat
- Purchase more electric wire that goes from the pole to the box
- Connect the million wires to the fuse box
- Hook up all of the water
- Tile the bathroom floor and tub surround
- Bathroom door
- Finish bathroom cabinets
- Install sink and toilet
- Finish bottom kitchen cabinets
- Install kitchen countertop
- Install kitchen sink
- Put up all of the lights
- Okay.....I'm stopping here!!! LOL!
- Finish staining wood for the ceiling over the living room and sewing room
Richard and I were talking about all of this last night and we decided that it was not IF we can get it done......WE WILL GET IT DONE!! We just need to buckle down and do it.!! At this point, I don't even expect to have all of the rooms painted, just because there is not extra money for that right now.
Now to quilting.....I love to quilt! And it keeps me sane, or at least I think so. LOL! I truly enjoy doing this stuff, but I have several things that HAS to be finished. I'm not as stressed with this, I just need to make a list in order that they need to be finished and get my butt in gear!
- Quilt a quilt for my aunt. Still need to load it on the frame. I honestly dread quilting around the center of it. I'll post a photo of it when I load it on so that you can see what I am talking about. She made it for her boss and has a million hours in it.
- Piece and quilt table runner or wall hanging from an old antique quilt top.
- Pick up another customer quilt and get it quilted.
- Make a WVU (West Virginia University) lap quilt for a customer. Has to be done in October.
- Make a custom baby quilt, pillow and curtains for the same lady. It is camo.
- Donation quit. I was contacted last week about doing a donation quilt to raise money for a Blaine School Reunion. This is the school that my whole family has attended. My parents, my brother, my sister, me, my kids and everyone around here. At this point....I just know that they are buying all of the fabric and I just need to piece something and quilt it. They want it QUEEN size and just something done in school colors. Oh this doesn't have to be done anytime soon but I just want to get it planned and don't want to wait until the last minute.
- Soap to make for Christmas gifts
- Clothesline bowls, pot holders, and a zillion other things for Christmas gifts
This is not counting things of mine that I would like to get finished too.
- Two table runners (one large and one small)
- Two Halloween quilts to quilt
- Oh and several other quilts of mine that I would LIKE to get finished
I'm sure there will be a ton of other things that will pop up between now and then. And I'm also sure I have forgetting several things.