Thursday, December 15, 2011

Off the frame...

Here is the latest quilt that I quilted. I thought it would never end. LOL! I quilted this for a local lady that is not a quilter but bought this top and had it quilted. It was all hand pieced and it had some fullness in it that I tried to push out to the edges so that hopefully the binding will hide the puckers. There are only a few of them. But overall I think she will be pleased with it, she knew that it had a few problems. Here is view of the back. The quilting really shows up on it but I don't care if I ever use that panto again. LOL! It is a design called Camellias and I had used it once before on a tablerunner and it was fine but on a huge quilt is killed my shoulders for some reason. I think because there is so much quilting in the flowers and the quilting is so close that I was tensed the whole time. I love how it looks but I don't want to do that one again on a large quilt if I don't have too.




I have the last one loaded on the frame now but I haven't started it yet. I plan on quilting it tomorrow and I will be finished with my BEFORE Christmas quilting except for a few binding. Then as soon as Christmas is over and I get a few things settled in the house then I will start on the other 10 that I have waiting to be quilted.



Richard has been working on the house as I am quilting. He is working on installing the wood on the ceiling over the living room. The living room has a 22ft ceiling so we had to rent some scaffolding so that he could get it done. He also had to put the insulation up there before he could start putting the wood up. Anyway he has a couple more days of work doing that before he can move on to something else. We rented the scaffolding for a week so he has to have it done before Monday morning when we have to return it.



So my plan is to finish the quilt that I have on the frame tomorrow and then hopefully if all goes right I plan on painting the bathroom. I still have to trim the ceiling and paint the walls. I want to get that done before Richard puts the tile down.


Kristie

7 comments:

Regina said...

Your stamina is INCREDIBLE! I know how tired my arms would get after painting - I can't imagine quilting AND painting and all the other things you have going on!! Awesome!!! So glad it seems to all be working out...

Janet O. said...

That is a beautiful panto!
What a lot you and Richard are doing to achieve your goal! God bless you with the strength, patience and endurance you need!

Yvette said...

The quilt looks great, I am sure the owner is going to love it. It sure is great that you have so much business.

Honey Bear said...

Beautiful quilting. We have found that the long arm quilting can hide a lot of puckers on some tops we have found at garage sales or thrift stores.

Keep up the good work. If I don't get back to you before then, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Libby said...

WooHoo! I knew you would finish before Christmas! I know yall are still in a rush to get moved but you have to be a little relieved! I love that bow tie quilt and your quilting makes it sing!
Have a wonderful weekend! Don't work too hard!
Libby

lil red hen said...

You're gonna make it!! The quilting pattern is very pretty; I don't think I could ever quilt this way.

Seems to be a lot of progress on the house too!

Rhonda said...

Your quilting is fantastic but I understand if the design causes pain when you use it. It's enough when sitting at the sewing machine slumped over... that's me I'm talking about... the longer I sit and sew, the more I slump. Anyway, I hope you have a great Christmas with family all around. Take care.