Saturday, July 6, 2013

My day...

As I type this, I am sitting on the front porch watching it rain...it feels so nice out here with just a tiny breeze.   Giggle...here I am in all my glory!  LOL!  This is me most days...hair in a ponytail and no makeup.  :)
I spent the early part of the day painting trim for the upstairs bathroom.  I can't wait to get that thing finished. 
No sewing for me today.  I had planned on it but things just didn't work out.  I cleaned and just piddled around.  My SIL called and said that they would be stopping by sometime today so I decided to clean instead of sew.  :)

I'm still hoping to get the last 5 blocks pieced by the end of the weekend.  I'm not sure what fabric I will use for the borders or if I will even add a border.  I'll just have to wait until I get the center pieced to decide. 

Richard finished up at the church today!!!  The building was 106 years old and in really bad condition so they made the decision to tear it down and rebuild it. 
 
 So here she is....  Our first church service in it is planned for July 21.  I can't wait. 
 The inside...  The carpet layers will be there on Monday to install it. 
 This photo might be a little hard to see but Hunter, Leo, and if you look real close you will see Jazz, the yorkie all trying to squeeze in the recliner.  :)  Silly boys!!!
 Even though I haven't done any sewing today I have been pondering on what I will work on after I get my Star Gazing quilt finished.  Tumblers?  UFO's?  New Project?  I know I really need to work on some UFO's but sometimes they just are not any fun are they?  Do you plan your projects ahead while working on another or just do whatever hits you at the time?
Kristie

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Kristie, I'm with you on the ponytail and no make-up most days. The make-up only goes on when I'm goin out out . I'm always planning what's next on the sewing agenda. I don't think I ever stop! x

Janet O. said...

I'm a ponytail gal most days, too, but I need my makeup on or I scare myself when I pass a mirror. : )
Looks like a lovely new church!

Regina said...

LOL - you look comfy! Plan? I have a hard time focusing on what i am doing without getting distracted by new ideas. Sometimes they are planned - sometimes they fall out of the sky and I just MUST DO THEM NOW to get them out of my head... of course all this QDD creates a ton of UFO's.

Katie M. said...

Yep, pony tail & no make up here, too! What a lovely church - I can feel the love from the picture. As for preplanning a quilt/project - hardly ever. I do a lot of quilting for Quilters for Comfort and that sometimes limits what I do for myself. I do have 4 of my own tops to quilt, though, and hope to have those done by the end of Aug.

Yvette said...

What a beautiful church!
I think you look great! That's my look too! LOL

Yvette said...

What a beautiful church!
I think you look great! That's my look too! LOL

barb said...

i love the picture of your horse at the top of the blog. have you thought about haveing a giveaway with some of your ufos for prizes? if they need a good home, i will finish them and donate to a charity. i piece and quilt by hand and have made over 200 quilts and given them to charties such as cancer awareness, neonatal unit, church raffles, and humane society. enjoy the summer and happy quilting babscorbitt@gmail.com