Monday, November 6, 2017

18 and counting....

 Yesterday I get the binding on that king size quilt finished.  It was hand sewn binding so it took me a while to finish.  So now this quilt is ready to be picked up today.  Shew....
 I got this loaded on the frame and the quilting started.   I will finish it up today.  I don't have to do the binding on this one, just the quilting.  She requested a stipple which is fine with me as I can do that faster than doing a pantograph.  :)  It is being quilting in burgundy thread to match the backing.  This one is a king too!  :)  I have it loaded sideways because it fit the backing better that way.  Just wanted to make sure I had plenty once I rolled the quilt to the end. 
 I am soooooo booked up and I have been turning them away because as it is I am going to be cutting it close.  I do this every time that I get stressed and have a ton of quilts.  I worked as hard and as fast as I can and then I just give out.  LOL!  Today I was hand sewing as fast as I could and all the time I was thinking, "I want to crochet something"  LOL!  That's how my mind works.  Part of me wanted to just stop and start crocheting, but I didn't.  I'm sure that once things slow down after the new year I will not be in the mood to crochet.  LOL!  

Just for the record....I keep telling you how covered up that I am...well....  I have 18 more tops to quilt and 3 of them I have to completely piece myself and also 9 memory pillows!  Some of these I have to do binding on and some I don't.  The 3 that I have to make from start to finish are the Cross memory quilts that I have made in the past from shirts. 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

:) don't you ever feel like you are taking on too much?

---"Love" said...

Sounds like you are overloading! I know it happens because you do such beautiful quilting. I could give you a lesson in learning to say "No!" Don't forget to take time for yourself and your family! ---"Love"

Janet O. said...

How lucky you are to have so much work available to you that you are actually having to turn some away! But you do sound extremely busy. I hope you are able to squeeze some down time in there somewhere so you can relax and enjoy some of the holidays!