Friday, November 3, 2017

Longarm Quilting and Life Updates

 Here are the latest customer quilts and then I will give you a life update.  :)  These first two quilts were pieced by the same lady.  The first one is a t-shirt quilt and she wanted a large stipple of both of them.  I've never had a t-shirt quilt pieced like this one.  No stabilizer instead she cut the t-shirt section out and did a zig-zag stitch to the background square. 
 This is the other quilt of hers.  This one was a bit of a bugger to quilt as it was hand pieced from flannel pajama pants so it was really stretchy. 
 After quilting those, I pieced the flannel backing that I was talking about in my previous post.  It was hard to wrestle with 10 yards of flannel.  I ended up clearing off my dining table and piecing it there so the table could hold the weight of the flannel.  I eventually got it loaded and got the quilting started on it.  See pic below...
 The lady wanted a Fleur De Lis design and I did not have that.  She asked me to order one for her and she would pay for the design.  So here it is...
 Now on to life updates...  so if you remember a few weeks ago I mentioned that the Jeep motor blew up, well...since then Richard had been driving my Envoy to work until we could fix the Jeep.  Yesterday the water pump and some kind of fan thing went out on the Envoy.  :(  Not at all what we need!  :(  Richard had traded some lumber a while back for a full-size Chevy Blazer nothing wrong with it except for the transmission is out.  He planned on eventually rebuilding the transmission and selling it.  With everything else, he hasn't had a chance.  So here we sit with 3 vehicles and NONE of them are running!!!!!  :(  I swear, I can't even make this stuff up!  I don't know if I need to laugh or cry.  LOL!  I do know that the Lord will not put more on you than you can stand but it is very stressful.  So in a few minutes we will be using mom's car.  Here is how that will play out.  She needs to be in town this morning so...  I will get up at my usual 4am, get Richard up first, then Hunter, and then Andrew.  Hunter will head to school and Andrew will head to work but before that, I will be riding to work with Richard in mom's car and then driving it back.  We will leave home around 5:40.  I will come back home which is about 75 miles round trip.  Then pick up mom around 9:30am and head to town, do what we have to do in town and then back home.  I will then try to get some much needed quilting done and then head back to get Richard as he gets off work at 7pm.  That will be another 75 miles round trip.  I will be trying to pick up the part for the Envoy while in town with mom and he will change the part out once he gets home.  He will be up late and will not get in bed when he needs to.  It's just going to be a L-O-N-G day.  Then again...it could always be worse. 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you will be in the car half the day - you will be glad to have one vehicle fixed at least!

Janet O. said...

Oh, that pajama pant quilt would have tried my patience!!
Your new panto is very pretty.
My goodness, what a lot of driving you will be doing. I hope it all works out and that Richard can get your car up and running before too late!

---"Love" said...

Boy, when it rains, it pours, doesn't it? I think I would consider renting a car a few days for that 75 mile drive until one of yours is fixed. It may seem you life is falling apart, but your quilting is really pretty. Hang in there, Girl. This too shall pass. ---"Love"