Sunday, July 19, 2015

A lot of stuff to share...

 Lots of prepping and sewing!  I prepped several pieces for my Orange Peels. 
 I even got them prepped to the background squares.  I completely finished 2 of them too.
 I also made several more Windmill blocks.   
 I am up to 194 of them now, but I still have a long way to go before I get them all finished.  I need 528 of them.
 I got bored so I started piecing them into 4 patches.  At least by doing this it will save me some time when I have to sew all 528 of them together.
 I also put up a few gallons of apples in the freezer.  We have 5 or 6 trees full so I will be canning a bunch of apple stuff too.  The photo below is when I was just getting started. 
 My green beans are almost ready to pick from the garden.  I would say in another week they will be ready. I can't wait to fix some fresh green beans and do some canning with them too.
 Today is Richard's birthday!  He is 45!!!  He is working all day and will be home around 8pm.  I will be baking his favorite cake today so that he can have a piece as soon as he gets home.  I love this man more than life.  He is such a great Christian, husband, father, friend, and the hardest worker that I know.  I thank God everyday for bringing us together.  I am very Blessed.

Also please keep our area in your prayers.  If you have watched the news I'm sure you saw that there has been lots of flooding here in KY.  We live on top of a mile hill so we don't flood but the area 6-10 miles away from me in Johnson County was hit hard.  So many homes lost and 4 lost their lives.  I just can't imagine what they are going through.  It just breaks my heart.  Homes just floating away, people hanging on in trees...just horrible.  We have had rain everyday for weeks now and most of it was hard rain. 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I remembered you said you live up a hill so figured you were safe but wondered how close to the flooding area you are - that was so sad watching it on tv of all those houses floating away - such a horrible thing to happen.
Love all your projects and happy birthday to your sweetie

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh my, I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to watch or read the news. How scary ... glad you are safe, but will be praying for those who've been affected. Happy birthday to Richard ... you are blessed! We've been getting green beans a few at a time ... still not enough for a decent sized pot of beans. Soon, hopefully.

Janet O. said...

Good progress on your many projects, Kristie.
You are such a hard worker--and I am glad you have such a good hubby! Hope he had a great birthday!
I'm off to see your quilt on Bonnie's blog. How cool is that! : )

ruthsplace said...

I saw the flooding on the news and thought of you. I'm so glad that you are OK, but I know how hard it is when your own community is affected.

ruthsplace said...

I saw the flooding on the news and thought of you. I'm so glad that you are OK, but I know how hard it is when your own community is affected.