Monday, July 13, 2015

Making rows...

 I'm making lots of progress on my Tumbler II quilt.  I will be changing the rows around I was just laying them out as I was sewing them.  I am hoping that this quilt will be a queen, if I have that many scraps. 
 I also finished up one Orange Peel to add to the pile.
 ...and 5 more Windmills!
My girl came up and spent a little time with me.  She wasn't feeling the best as she is starting to cut some teeth.  Look at those chubby cheeks! 
Richard got the hot water heater switched out on Saturday.  We ended up having to pay $50 extra when exchanging it as the price on them had raised since we purchased the last one.  Then the valves were a little different so he had to make another trip to town to get the correct size.  Anyway, nothing to complain about as it could have been worse.  Just thankful that it was still under warranty.  

Sunday after Church I did some sewing.  I was pleased with my progress.  Then we went out and picked some apples that had fallen off the tree.  I wanted to get them before the deer ate them all.  We have lots more that are not ready yet.  I only ended up with 2 plastic grocery bags full.  There are 5 or 6 trees so I will have more apples than I need.  My plans are for apple pie filling, canned fried apples, jelly, jam, apple butter and I'll throw some in the freezer too.  

Richard works for the next 3 days straight and then is off Thursday.  If the weather is good then we will be cutting firewood.  He cut some rounds the other day from some trees that had been blown over from the recent storms.  It was just too wet to get the rounds put in the truck and hauled to the woodshed where the log splitter is.  Winter will be here before you know it and our woodshed is completely empty.  On an average winter we burn 8-9 cords of wood. We've had rain everyday for the past 11 or 12 days straight!  
 That's all for now...

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we still have some wood left from last year and have not cut any yet - it is too hot to do that right now - we really need to get more stacked though so it can dry out. I don't know about you but we do have another heat source so if we do not get wood it won't be the end of the world.
I bet you have enough scraps for those tumblers we always have more than we think we do - I have about 3 big boxes of scraps and a lot of small one with pre-cut scraps in them.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Sounds like you all have been getting the rain that moved through here. We didn't have any rain yesterday (hooray!!), but we've got more rain coming in a day or two. In the meantime, it's going to be HOT. I love your tumblers ... a tumblers quilt is on my list (as are so many others ... so many quilts, so little time). I probably asked already, but I'll ask again, what size are your tumblers?

Deb A said...

Wow! I have not even started cutting the small tumblers yet! I did sew my rows of the flag together. Just need to sew the rows together.Always smart to get the wood cut and ready for winter. Hope you get some non rainy days... although it does make great sewing weather.

Janet O. said...

Your tumblers are looking great!
That is a sweet photo of your niece. : )
You are married to one hard working man!