Friday, July 24, 2015

Disappointment...

 I put my Orange Peels up on the design wall.  They are not sewn together so my points will be closer when they are.
 Somehow I was a little disappointed when I put them up there because I thought I had  more of them done.  This is it unless I have a pile buried somewhere.  I will keep plugging along on them until I get it to be the size that I want. 
 The 4 up in the right corner are the only ones that I are sewn together, that is why they look smaller. 
 I also prepped this Halloween stitchery that will be a table runner.  It is called, Witches Hooray by Bird Brain Designs.  We are taking a road trip soon and I wanted something to work on while Richard drives. 
 I will probably take my hexies, and the few Orange Peel blocks that I have prepped which is just a handful.  I'm one of those that needs to over prepare for things like that.  LOL!  I'm a little tired of working on my hexies so I wanted to have some options.  

Richard and Andrew are working today so Hunter and I will spend the day putting up more apples.

5 comments:

Deb A said...

Always good to have options for handwork.

scraphappy said...

Your orange peels are looking great, even if there aren't as many of them as you thought. Applique is always nice to have as a long term carry along project.

Janet O. said...

I'm kind of surprised by the number of orange peel blocks, too. Though that is a lot by me, it does seem that you have made more than that. They are beautifully done, no matter how many you have. Hope you find a hidden stack somewhere. : )
Is the road trip something for fun?

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'll bet you have more "hidden away" somewhere! At least I certainly hope so. ;-) It's always nice to have some handwork to keep us busy on those road trips, isn't it?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Isn't that the way it goes? I always think I have way more blocks made than I do. When I start joining them together everything seems to shrink