Monday, March 25, 2019

3 More Blocks...

 Here is a pic of my design wall last night. 
 After Church we had dinner at mom's then I came home and pieced a few blocks.  I am trying to catch up on my Lori Holt's Block-Along. 
 These fabrics are so not my normal but I'm really liking how they are all looking. 
 Then I moved on to this pretty red print block...
 Another view...
 This was the last one for the night. 
 They are all actually big blocks.
 Of course the purple tulips don't go in this quilt but the rest of the blocks do.  I'm anxious to see how they will all fit in the quilt.  I'm hoping that in the end my colors are spread out pretty evenly. 
 So the rest of my weekend was spent running here and there.  I was exhausted by the time it was over.  Here is a pic of Hunter and his girlfriend, Paige.  This was her Freshmore Dance (Freshman/Sophomore).  She is a freshman and he is a junior.  It was semi-casual that's why he has jeans on.  LOL!  Most of the guys did.  They looked so pretty.  She is a sweetheart and of course he's my baby boy so I'm kind of extra proud of him....long hair and all.  LOL! 
 Last but not least...a pic of my brother John and my little niece, Addie.  I took this pic right before Church started.  :)  John is the oldest of us 3 siblings.  He is 4 years older than I am.  We have always been extremely close.  Addison is my sister's daughter.  She was being silly with her little glasses. 
 I guess that's all for this post...

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a photo of my nephew's daughter wearing those same glasses and about the same age! Hunter is looking just fine! haven't seen a photo of him for awhile as I had lost your blog for awhile

Janet O. said...

Your blocks are looking really good. The crisp colors of those fabrics are a change from your norm, but change is good sometimes. After I work with fabrics out of my comfort zone for a while I just have to get back to some "dark and dirty" stitching again, as much as I enjoy the change.
When in the world did Hunter grow up to be that young man? I missed that happening. My oldest son has similar hair, only with a little curl to it. :)

---"Love" said...

I'm sure you are on a special journey with all those blocks, except the tulips, but wouldn't it be beautiful to put the tulips in the center, and add all the other blocks around it?! All of the blocks are beautiful, but that tulip block stole my heart when I first saw it! ---"Love"