Monday, March 4, 2019

Two new blocks...Lori Holt's Block Along

 Since my last post a few days ago this is what I have made.  :)  These are the first two blocks of Lori Holt's Block-Along.  These fabrics are a little different from what I usually go with but it's fun sometimes to step out of the norm.  This star block is 12"
 This is block #2!  This one is 15" and went together pretty quick. 
 Here they are together on my design wall. 
 Here is a quick pic of the blocks that I have on my design wall.  The purple tulip block is my newest applique quilt.  That is the first block of it.  The other applique block is my sample block of a Kim Diehl pattern that will be my next applique quilt after the tulip one.
 I have this beautiful customer quilt on the longarm.  :)  It is a beauty!  It's been on there for a few days as I haven't been upstairs quilting for a few days now. 
 I'll post a pic of the whole quilt once it is finished.  So many awesome fabrics in this baby. 
 Now to tell you why that I haven't been upstairs to finish quilting that quilt... I woke up at 4am on Friday morning with a horrible stomach virus.  I've lost 5lbs since Friday.  :(  Need to lose weight but not like that.  LOL!  My sister had emergency gallbladder surgery last week and I had my niece here while all of that was going on.  She was just fine and didn't show the first sign of being sick until she got home that night, then it hit her.  :(  So since then it has gone through Addie (my niece), BIL, Chantal, mom and me...  :(  I feel better now than I have for several days so that is a good thing.  YAY!  Last week I put my back out and then this.... shew....  LOL!

My goal for the day...to get that customer quilt finished and ready to mail. 

3 comments:

julieQ said...

First of all, your blocks are beautiful...I am glad you are working on the Lori Holt quilt, for I am too! It will be fun to see along with you!! Second of all...just rest and get over that bug...that is too much weight for a tiny thing like you to lose so fast. Your quilting is making that quilt just so pretty!!!!

Janet O. said...

I agree--those aren't your normal fabrics. I wasn't sure I was on the right blog. But it is fun to switch things up at times. Your applique blocks are gorgeous, Kristie! I am trying to recall if you have posted much applique in the past. I know you do a lot of handiwork on the EPP projects, but I am trying to remember other applique.
The customer quilt appears to be a batik beauty.
Oh, that does not sound like fun to have that sickness make the rounds through the family. I think your goal for the day should be to not throw out your back or get a virus! :)

---"Love" said...

All your blocks shown are beautiful, but I'm going to be watching closely for that purple tulip quilt! That block is incredible! Hope you are feeling a lot better tomorrow and back to normal soon. ---"Love"