Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Full Design Wall...

 My design wall is getting full!  YAY!  I added more blocks yesterday!  So here is what I have going on....
 First off yesterday morning before daylight I wanted to piece a few blocks for myself before loading a customer quilt on the longarm.  Well....I guess it was too early or I was still half asleep.  LOL!  First off I cut the squares the wrong size and things were not coming out correctly.  I finally saw my mistake and had to pick them all out.
 Then I sewed this section backwards.  :(  Had to pick that out and redo it. 
 This is the blocks that I did yesterday for a new BOM.  It is called, CheddarbackGay of Sentimental Stitches is hosting it.  This just started the first of March.  The month of March has 5 blocks but I only got 4 done.  The fifth one is not too hard but it is one that I will probably hand piece just because of the way it goes together. 
 Here is a close up of a few of them.  This one is 5"
 Another 5" block and the one on the top center is one that I may redo because I'm not overly happy with my fabric choices.  I'm piecing these solely from scraps.
 Then I moved on to my Vintage Block Along by Lori Holt.  I'm still behind on it but I'm trying to slowly catch up.  I pieced the top star in this pic.
 Also the top star in this pic. 
 So here they all are on the design wall...my purple tulip applique, Kim Diehl applique, Cheddarback BOM, and the Vintage Block Along.
I also have a customer tshirt quilt loaded on the longarm.  It's not one that I pieced but pieced by a customer.  Some of the jersey/uniform tops are soooo thick.  I'll snap a pic of it sometime today. 

I have a full day of quilting planned and then later in the evening I will be attending a visitation for my SIL's aunt that passed away.  Richard has training today at work so he will probably be home early.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice getting the design wall full but I didn't have enough room so had to put one quilt away so I would have room to work on a different one - sometimes they just start to grow and you have to do one at a time for awhile - Unless you have a lot of design wall space!

---"Love" said...

All the blocks are pretty and well done, but my favorite is still the purple tulip applique! I wish I could do that as pretty as you did. ---"Love"

Janet O. said...

Your early morning quilting session was like many of my late night ones. Maybe we both need more sleep. LOL
I've seen many bloggers joining that Cheddarback SAL. You've done a nice job on the blocks.
Hope you had a good stitching day!