Sunday, April 19, 2009

1 Down, 73 More Quilt Tops To Go!!!

I received a nice little "pick-me-up" from my Secret Sister! One of the Yahoo Groups that I belong to we have Secret Sisters and we send things about every other month. I don't know who she is but I want to tell her Thank You! A set of beautiful Tea Towels and a wonderful assortment of teas! Thank you so much!
Thanks for all the wonderful emails, prayers and well wishes! I am feeling much better! Still weak but that will go away soon, I hope! I have a doctors appointment Tuesday for testing on my kidneys. Don't think there is any damage but they just want to make sure!

Anyway, I finally got to try out my quilter! :) I must say that I love it! I did get this top quilted! It took me a while because I kept having to sit down and rest, just no energy really. Although it is not perfect, it is my first and I'm sure I will get better with time and practice.

I really wanted to learn to use a pantograph so this is what I did. I know I can stipple freehand from the front but I thought the best way to learn to use a pantograph was to start simple. So I used a pantograph with a simple stipple design. I worked out just fine. Most of it is evenly spaced with really only one row that is off a little in the spacing. But with it being my first, I am happy with it!!!!! So 1 down and 73 more to go!!!!!

The pattern is called "Bouncing Betty" I made two of these in the same pattern, one is scrappy and the other is green and coral. I still need to do the binding on it, I will add a simple white binding.
I did load another top on the frame but only did one row of quilting on it so far. Hopefully, I can finish it up later in the week. It is a quilt for Hunter, with vintage airplanes on it. I am using the same pantograph on it, just for more practice.
Kristie

12 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks great, Kristie! Didn't you just love the feeling you got when you cut it off the quilter? It is just so exciting!!!!

You take care of you this week.
Be blessed,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Kristie, the quilt looks wonderful!! I can't tell it is your first one! PS- I love that pattern!

Julia said...

Wow, Kristie you did well!
One down... the rest will be easy peasy..
So glad your feeling better, don't overdo it now in your excitent to quilt the rest of the tops..
Julia ♥

Anita said...

Kristie glad to hear you are feeling better. Your quilting looks like you've been doing this a long time. Take it easy and get better.

Anita said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your quilting looks like you have been doing this for a long time.

KyQuiltlady said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Your quilt looks so good. You are on the right start. I'm glad you enjoyed your quilter. You will have plenty of quilts quilted for next winter.

Yvette said...

Wow! That looks great, especially for your first one. I am taking my class the weekend to learn how to do this. I think I am going to get a bunch of cheater baby panels and make charity baby quilts to start.

So glad you are feeling better. One day for puppies!!

Michaela said...

Good for you, getting the first one quilted. I can't believe there is actually 73 more. You are going to be very busy...

Belvie said...

Sounds like you are slowly getting back to yourself. I'm so glad you are feeling better.

I love that quilt top! Scrappy quilts are my favorite. You are doing a nice job with your quilting!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Looks great to me!.....Glad to hear your up and about....don't rush things....!!

Enjoy...LindaMay

QuiltedSimple said...

Looks wonderful to me!!! Glad you are doing well
Kris

Toni said...

Ahhh Kristie, see we love you and I'm so glad you have folks to make your feel better. You deserve it!

YAH for using your quilter! Now you can make a goal to get those quilts done LOL LOVELY for the first one!