Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ready for a Quilting Friend's Visit!

I am so excited, my good friend, Lisa (Miniature Quilter)and her family will be coming down from PA tomorrow! They will be staying for 4 days at the lake cabins about 10 minutes from here! I think our hubbys plan on doing some fishing! Seems like our hubbys have a lot in common too! She has 3 boys and I have 2!

We met through an online swap and have talked every since, talk almost daily on the phone and find that we have a lot in common!

I think on Saturday we are going to the flea market where they sell fabric! I think mom is going with us, so it should be lots of fun! So expect lots of photos of our fun! Probably will not get to sew together but I think we are going to dig through my quilts and fabric! My boys are very excited too!

My oldest son, Andrew really loves farm life! I am proud of both of my boys! Anyway, Andrew bought an incubator a few weeks ago. He works around doing odd jobs to support his chicken and Beagle habit! hehehehe! He put 36 eggs in the incubator and they are due to hatch out actually tomorrow. Lots of times there will be several eggs that don't hatch but by this being his first time using the incubator he didn't know if he would hatch any. So far we have 2 1/2 that have hatched. I say 2 1/2 because one of them is half out of the egg right now. The boys got to wittness the first one hatching from the egg and they were soooooooo excited. Here are a couple of videos that I took of the process.....


In this first video, the chick is not out of the egg but you can hear it chirp!




Last weekend we were trying to disk the garden up a little better. This is the first year that we have had the garden in that spot so the ground really needs a lot of work there. He was using the disks and chipped one on a bunch of rocks! So he stopped the tractor, got the hoe and started digging out the rocks. You all know how much I love my husband and I also love his little bald spot! Hehehehe! I started recording and I just had to tease him about it. So he just called it his "solar panel" hehehe!


Well, I am off to bed.....got to get ready for the big day tomorrow. Actually they will not be here until about 3pm or so and they will be going straight to the cabin to get settled in!
Kristie

8 comments:

Amelia said...

Have fun with your company...Shopping will be fun too!

Enjoyed the videos of the baby chickens.

Gardening time is here...Leon is planting our tomatoes tomorrow. What have you planted - or have you?

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the videos! I loved hearing yours and Richard's voices. Makes it seem all the more 'real'.
Be blessed,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun :o) Hope you have a great time! And I LOVE it.... solar panel! And now I am sad to eat chickens, lol.

Anonymous said...

I am almost ready to leave! Be there soon, well about 7 hours!!

QuiltedSimple said...

That sounds like so much fun! Have a great weekend with your company!
Kris

Hazel said...

Kristie here is the link for the bag
http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/free_patterns/

Cindy Larson said...

Good gravy!!!!!! You have been through the ringer!!! I'm soooo glad your almost back to normal! :) Your quilting looks great! :) It gets addicting too! I bet you have half of those quilted by Christmas :) Enjoy your visit with your friend sounds like it will be a great time.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad you're feeling better.

When I first saw that picture I thought that was your stack of 73 quilt tops all quilted! Too bad the quilting fairies didn't show up and make that a reality.

I hope you're feeling better soon and back at it.