Saturday, April 18, 2009

Surgery Didn't Go As Planned! :(

I'm finally back posting! Thank you all so much for your Prayers and many emails. Surgery did not go as planned! :( I will not go into all the boring details, so I will try to cut this short.

I was at the hospital for my surgery and as you know that ask you a million questions. So I tell them that I am allergic to aspirin and that I can not take morphine. I was given morphine several years ago when I had another surgery and it has no effect on my system. So in other words, my body has a high tolerance for pain medication and most things do not work. I have my surgery and all goes well with that part. They broke my nose in 3 places, inserted a plastic piece down the center of my nose, cut out bone and cartilage, and fix my sinuses! The surgery is over and I start to wake up and I am screaming and pulling my hair out!!!! The pain medication that they give me has no effect on me at all. They strap me down to the bed so that I can not hurt myself and give me several other things, finally they get the pain, my blood pressure and heart rate under control. They debated on keeping me overnight but my vitals continued to stay good so they sent me home. I get home, take my pain medication and my antibiotics and sleep most of the time. So you think after a day or so you should be getting better after all it was a simple surgery right? NOPE! I collapse!!!! Of course with all the work on my nose, I can't breathe through it and then I just could not breathe at all. My mouth had blisters in it too, so I thought that was odd. Anyway, I collapse, I'm rushed to the ER and they admit me! Come to find out I am allergic to the antibiotic!!!!! My throat had swollen together and I could not get enough oxygen so I collapse and they said that my kidneys had started to shut down! I noticed that I had not been going to the bathroom as much and when I did I just could not urinate other than drip! Gross, I know but that is what happened. Anyway, they give me lots of medications and IV's, do tons of tests on my kidneys and heart. Got all that out of my system and they let me go home the next day. I don't even remember coming home that is how out of it that I was.

Things are better now, still weak but a lot better than I was! Thank you all for your prayers and concern. I'm sorry that I did not email you all back, but I was not on the computer. I remember a few times that Andrew would read my email and tell me.
Kristie

22 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my goodness Kristie!...
what a thing to go through... I was checking your blog all the time waiting for some news,,I do hope you'll be Ok now..
Take good care of yourself...in my thoughts Julia ♥

Three Birds Inspired said...

Good grief, woman!! How absolutely horrible for you and your family. I am sure Richard must have been beside himself. Take good care and post when you feel much, much better!!

Jacky O said...

Kristie,
You poor thing! I am so sorry to hear that you had so many problems! Bless your heart!! I will continue to pray for your recovery. I am glad to hear that you are on the mend! Rest and take it easy!
Jacky O

Kelly Ann said...

That sounds like an episode of House. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Amelia said...

Oh sweet girl...how terrible...I bet this episdoe scared the daylights out of your family. Hopefully, someones has been there with you all the time.

Prayers will continue to be sent on your behalf.

Post when you feel like it - even if it is short.

Libby said...

Oh Krisite! I'm so sorry to hear this! I've been reading your blog for awile and hoped for good news! I'll continue to pray and check back! I hope that you are on the mend, please get some rest and let your family spoil you! After that ordeal, you deserve it! Love, Libby

Winona said...

Oh Kristy, I am so sorry you have had to go through so much. I will pray for recovery for you. Winona

Michelle said...

Praise God that you are on the mend, my friend! What an ordeal you have been through. Hopefully, your breathing problems have been fixed now, and this is all behind you. I'm sorry that you had to go through all the trauma that you did. Prayers were definately going up for you, and God listened and took care of my friend.

I am so glad to see you back. Please do not overdo it. You are still healing, and you have been through a lot of trauma. Whatever needs to be done can wait, or done slowly. Take care of you!

God loves you, and so do I!
Be blessed,
Michelle

Sara said...

That is horrible. I feel so bad for you. I'm glad to hear you are home now and doing much better! I was thinking of you!

Yvette said...

How terrible! I was wondering what happened with your surgery.

I hope you feel better soon!!! You need to get ready for those puppies. :)

Carla said...

It must be comforting to know that you have all these friends that care about you and are so happy that you're ordeal is over. Just think how wonderful it'll be to breathe easily now and feel so much better! So, when do you think that you'll try your new quilting machine?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are on the mend!! You should be resting, and I KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT! Try not to do too much, resting and sleep (and some diet Pepsi) go a long way toward helping you heal and feel better!!!

Narelle said...

Oh Kristie, how scary for you and your family!
Wishing you healthy thoughts.

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness Kristie, what a terrible experience for you. Thank goodness they've got things under control now and you're on the mend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Unknown said...

Dear Kristie, that is terrible, I do hope you are getting better.

Hazel said...

Oh Kristie how terrible for you ,hope your feeling better now .Put your feet up and rest , my prayers are with you .

Carol said...

Take time for yourself. Let someone else answer the e-mails for you :)

Michaela said...

Oh, I am glad you are ok. Very scary what you went through.

Belvie said...

Sorry to hear you had such an awful time with the surgery. Hope things are getting better now that they know the antibotics were a problem.

Feel better and keep us informed when you feel like posting.

Sandi said...

Oh Kristie when it was so long from the time you posted about your surgery and then no follow-up I was concerned and it appears rightfully so. Please take care and go slow........this must have been horrid for you and your family. Prayers and good thoughts to you and yours.

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh I ache for you! Glad you are starting to get on the mend!!! I'll be thinking of you - TAKE IT EASY!
Hugs,
Kris

Vesuviusmama said...

Wow! What an ordeal! I'm glad you are feeling better now.