Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Jack-In-The-Box Quilted

A while back, Kris (Quilted Simple) made a Vintage Sheet Quilt! I fell in love with it! 99% of the time I use sheets for backings on my quilts and I love the feel of older sheets. So I instantly knew that I wanted to make one. I started buying up vintage sheets at the thrift store. I have a few but Kris sent me several pieces of hers to give me a better selection! I can't wait to make it!

I got Richard up for work this morning at 4:30am, got him off to work and cleaned the house up real quick and did some laundry before having to get the boys up for school. Got them on their way and started quilting! :)

This quilt is called "Jack-In-The-Box" I really like this pattern, I had a lot of fun making this one.
I used a pantograph called "Ice In The Stream" I really like the design but it sure was a lot of quilting. It is hard to see in the photo but the quilting is less than an inch apart!!! It is a lot like stippling but it has a flatter design to it.
I finished the binding on Hunter's Vintage Planes quilt, so now I have 3 more quilts that need binding. I will work on them as I get time. Not sure which quilt top that I will quilt next. And actually it may be a few days before I can get back to the frame. 70 more quilt tops to go!!!!!!!
Kristie





13 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh kiddo you are coming right along...is all this set up in the new house? I did not realize you were that far along on the building of it.

Just 70 to go - you could have all those done by the end of the year...wow that would be lots of work though...don't overburder your self - or get burnt out.

Your quilting looks great from the photos.

What kind of pattern are you going to use on the one using the vintage sheets?

Enjoy your new "toy"!

QuiltedSimple said...

Love your quilting - you are doing really good with it! Glad you liked the sheets! I cannot wait to see what you quilt next!
Kris

Michelle said...

You sure seem to have the hang of it, and no problems! Good job, Kristie. Your quilting looks great!
be blessed,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love that quilt, and that quilting does look much tighter than the stippled quilt. I will have to see if goodwill has some sheets here that are nice!

Belvie said...

I love your quilt top and your quilting really looks nice.

Straitcrazy0308 said...

Your quilting is beautiful .I use sheets on the backs of lot of my quilts also.
I love the vintage sheet quilt. I may have to put that on my list .

dot said...

That is my favorite quilt block. I thought it was called Colorado Beauty. Who knows, there are more than one name for many quilt blocks.

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous! And you are doing so well with your quilting.

KyQuiltlady said...

You are doing great with your quilting. I am glad you got started out so easily. You will have those 70 done in no time at all. Happy Quilting!

Marilyn Robertson said...

You are making such great progress on your quilts! Your quilting is lovely!

Unknown said...

You are amazing, you are making one quilt a day!

Donna said...

Kristi, you sure are doing a great job with your quilting. I love the pattern of this quilt too. I don't think I've seen it before. I so enjoy seeing all your quilts and am excited that to know you will be quilting them so I'll get to see them all :)
Gosh, wonder if I can talk Cliff into building me a frame. Yours seems to be working out nicely.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Kristi, I'm so sorry I haven't been to your blog in a little while, too much happening over here with new grandbaby. I read about your surgery and hope all is better now with what all you went through.
You get the most quilts turned out, your going to have to do some hand applique to slow you down (just kidding).
I really like the idea of the vintage sheets. Her quilts are so cute.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonn