Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Litte More Sewing

Today after Church, I decided to quilt a quick little crib quilt and try a new quilting design. These little practice quilts, I donate to were my sister works and they are given to some of the children that need them. This is nothing fancy, just a piece of animal print fabric with borders sewn on. I still need to do the binding and I used a piece of THICK batting that I had so it is real fluffy!

This is the panto that I used, it is called, Spring Things. A very simple and easy design to do. This crib quilt with this simple design was done in a flash!
I saw a photo of a beautiful quilt on my friend, Michelle's blog. It is an old favorite called, Stacked Coins. I made one a few years ago and loved it, but the one that she just did, she made out of old sheets. It is very pretty.

Anyway, a while back I bought some fabric samples at the thrift store and that is the quilt that I had in mind for them. After I saw Michelle's, I knew I had to get mine back out and work on it. I honestly thought that I already had them sewn together, but they were only cut out. So I worked on sewing those together last night.

And last, here is a close up of Donkey!

Have a wonderful day!

Kristie

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Thanks for mentioning me! I can't wait to see your stacked coin quilt. I love your colors!

I love the panto on your quilt. I might have to freehand one using that design, since I'm all 'loopy' anyway! (hee hee!)

Cute picture of Donkey too!
Have a wonderful week.
be blessed,
Michelle
Hey! when are you going to confirm me as a friend on facebook?

Unknown said...

Did you quilt many quilts during summer?

Sara said...

YOu have been really busy lately! I like the quilt, even if it is simple and the kids really love to get them!

Love Donkey, just too cute!

Kelly Ann said...

Donkey appears to be saying...What up??? thanks for the Donkey oops I mean quilty post....:)

Lurline said...

You are working like a real expeert now, Kristie - so nice to be able to give - you are wonderful!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Hazel said...

Kristie I don't have your email address to send the recipes .

Libby said...

Boy! I'm sure glad you are back! I've missed reading about your life! BTW, if Donkey ever disapears check my house first!! I love that cat!

QuiltedSimple said...

I can't wait to see your stacked coins quilt!!!! I really need to try out my sewing machine but every time I do something goes wrong....bummer.
Kris