Sunday, February 27, 2011

3AM...

Why am I still awake at 3am??? Well this is why...my blood pressure is 128/105. It has been running high like that for a month or so. I take medication for it but usually after a while it stops working and I have to have it changed or adjusted. I went to bed but got back up because I was having some pressure in my chest, headache and felt like I was smothering while I was laying down so I got up. Feeling much better now and my BP has dropped back down to 124/90 so I will probably go back to bed soon.
So what have I been doing??? Quilting of course...and watching tv. Yesterday I got a few more spools of thread in and wanted to try it out. This is Monopoly and Bottom Line. I had not tried the Monopoly myself and wanted to see how it would sew on my machine. I have a quilt of my own that I want to quilt with it, but it may be a couple of months before I get to it. I had never tried any type of invisible thread before.
I used this little thing to practice on. I made it a while back out of fabric samples. It measures 24x30. No fancy quilting, just wanted to try this stuff out. I used Monopoly on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin and they worked perfectly. The only thing I think I will do differently when I do my bigger quilt is use a smaller needle. I didn't change the needle that I had in the machine and you can see the holes. Anyway, I am very pleased with it. Hopefully I will work on the binding tomorrow.It is now almost 3:30am, I think I will bake me a little pizza, finish this movie that is on and then head to bed. Good night...
Kristie

6 comments:

Libby said...

Hope you are feeling better and SLEEPING!

Narelle said...

Hope that blood pressure behaves itself better and you have a good sleep-in in the morning.

julieQ said...

Girlie!! you and I just don't sleep, do we!!!! Hugs, and hope you are OK...

Julie

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I hope you got to sleep! My dad has been having BP issues and his first number is getting to be in the high 100's. UGH!! I hope they can get it under control for you!

Great quilting!

Mary Johnson said...

I really don't like Invisible thread although I do use Bottom Line sometimes in my bobbin when I'm using a variegated thread on top.

Hope your BP is behaving.

Unknown said...

This little quilt is looking very bright and cheerful. Can´t you stabilize your blood pressure with the medicine?