Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sewing right along...

I got Mom's shawl quilted and I already gave it to her. She loved it! I will get a photo of the completed shawl in a day or two. When I took it to her, she had company so I didn't take a photo of her with it then. Anyway...A blogger friend, Texan, had sent me some thread that I had never used before. It was Madeira thread. I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I used it on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin, they worked perfectly together! So I will be ordering some madeira for my own quilts, I just really love how it quilted.
This is an older photo but I worked on some more baskets! I think I have enough right now to do the top...give or take a few. I may need a few more once I get ready to sew them together. Not sure what size that I want it to be yet. I think right now I have around 65 blocks ready for the applique. I am doing machine applique on these baskets. I wanted to get all of the baskets cut and pressed on to the background and then I could sort them into piles of the same thread color that is needed. That way, I don't have to keep changing my thread and bobbin as much. I also made a welders cap for Richard for Valentine's Day. I know it is not until Monday but I gave it to him last night. It is red and white polka dot! He is wearing it now and it outside working, so I will get a photo of it when I can. I hate making those things for some reason they drive me batty!
I'm getting a customer quilt ready to pin on the frame. I need to do a little prep work on it and it will be ready to go. I want to get it completely finished this week. It will probably take me a week because I will be taking Mom back and forth to several appointments this week too. Anyway I can't show this quilt until later because it is a gift for someone else.
Lexie is here this weekend. She and Hunter have had a good time together. Nice to have her here. It is supposed to be in the mid 50's today so I think they are planning on spending a lot of time outside before she has to go back home later this evening.
Mom goes back to the surgeon first thing in the morning. She is really dreading this appointment. It still really upsets me that this has to be redone. It's been 3 months since her last surgery and she still can't move her arm by herself at all...now we know why! Anyway, please remember her in your prayers she really needs them right now.
Kristie

7 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I've been sending well wishes for Hunter and your mom! I'm glad to hear that Hunter is feeling better and I hope that your mom will start feeling better shortly after the next surgery. What a pain in the rear for all of that though!!!

Cindy from Its a Sew Sew Day... said...

Hi Kristie!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment! I will say a prayer for your mom and son. Here's wishing them both better health.

Happy Quilting!
Cindy

Libby said...

I will keep praying for your sweet Mom. I hate to hear about the pain she is in...especially after 3 months!

Enjoy your visit with Lexie! We are having beautiful weather too!

Rhonda said...

Hi Kristie. I was thinking about your mom's surgery the other day....things will go well this time around. Surely the doctors have learned and will adjust to what needs to be done. My prayers are with your mom and you.
Take care.

LuAnn said...

Love those basket blocks. Hope to see your finished quilt top soon. Best wishes to your familly.

Deb A said...

I hope the Dr followed up with the PT people to let them know the damage they caused. Hope your Mom gets better quickly and the PT people follow the Dr's orders this time....I assume she'll go to someone different for PT this time.
Love the baskets... can't wait to see them finished.
Oh - When I was working I actually visited the Maderia company in NH as a possible client for a software package we sold. Unfortunately, I had Aidan before they made a decision but it was so neat to be there and see all the threads!

Texan said...

Glad you liked the thread! Quilting looks great as always! You do such a good job.