Thursday, February 10, 2011

Prayers for Mom...

Please remember my Mom in your prayers. Chantal and I took her back to the doctor this morning for her x-ray results and it showed that one of the screws has backed out. The doctor said this is due to "AGGRESSIVE PHYSICAL THERAPY" So now she has to have the surgery done again.

I just hate to see her in that much pain, not sure how she will handle having it done again. I'm just so mad and upset right now that it is hard to think of anything else. Let's just say....I went off at the physical therapist office today! She stopped in there to nicely let them know what the doctor had said and that she would not be there tomorrow and one of them got a very rude attitude about it all and I went off on him!!! I'm still jerking mad!
Kristie

10 comments:

Yvette said...

OMG! I am so sorry for your mom.

This is terrible. You really need to find a new physical therapist after the next surgery.

JudiB said...

I had a knee replacement..normal therapy..then they wanted to do more aggresive work..thank heavens I had been warned and said NO. Your Poor MOM>>OMG!! I would have flipped out as well..you have every right to be upset. Therapy is needed..but they need to look at her age also.
My heart goes out to her..big huggs.

Judi B

Texan said...

I am so sorry to hear this. The PT people should know better than that! GRRRR, I sure wouldnt use them again! Not that that will help your Mom now. Good for you for putting the PT guy in his place for being rude on top of all this! geesh...

Narelle said...

Oh Kristie, this is terrible news for your mum. Will be keeping her in my thoughts.
Good on you for giving someone a piece of your mind!

Honey Bear said...

I am so sorry to hear this and my prayers go out to your Mom. I had knee surgery last September but did my own exercises/therapy here at home and it is doing fine. I agree you need to find a different therapist for her.

Joanne said...

You have every right to be mad and frustrated! How unfair for your mother - I wish her all the best!♥

Lady of the Cloth said...

I have worked in healthcare for over 25 years so I know that PT is necessary, but I have had the same kind of experience with PT myself. Twice I have had it make me worse and it took a lot of time to recover. My back has never been the same after a bad traction session where they mixed my chart up with someone else's. I am so sorry she is having to go through this. Good on you for letting the PT have it. I would have probably done the same.

Saska said...

I'm so sorry for your Mom's pain. When I had foot/ankle surgery, the surgeon said that PT was up to me but said I really didn't need it! I was tickled!

Hope the next surgery goes better.

Impera Magna said...

Oh, your poor mom! And poor YOU... having to watch your mom suffer...

I'm so sorry this has happened and you and your mom did NOT deserve to be treated so rudely at the PT office! Is there a supervisor you can write a letter to? The rudeness was absolutely NOT necessary!

Rhonda said...

It's good you spoke up...they really need to be more compassionate.