Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why O' Why??

Why do I keep finding things that I want to make??? After yesterday's post I had made a list of what I wanted to try to get done this week and this month! I have lists laying all over the place. A few years ago, the doctor told me that I had adult ADD. So I will use that as an excuse as to why that I have a hard time concentrating on projects and getting them finished before I jump to something else. :) Actually, I think most quilters have "quiltiers ADD", don't you? I have a few customer quilts so they take top priority. I HAVE TO GET THOSE FINISHED!!!

This morning while in town, I picked up the March/April 2011 issue of McCall's Quilting. After thumbing through it, I found something that I really want to make!!! I think this would be the perfect thing for my mom! Since she had her surgery, she chills a lot and of course can't move her arm very well to get a jacket or sweater on, so this would be perfect for her. I just wished that I had found this pattern sooner, so that she could have had it when she first had her shoulder surgery done.

It is a QUILTED SHAWL! How neat is that?
Here is what it looks like laying flat. It also has big pockets on each end.
I'm thinking that I will work on one of these as soon as I get these customer quilts quilted. This only being about 24 inches wide it wouldn't take but just a few minutes to quilt up. Mmmmmm....I'm also thinking Christmas gifts for this year. Maybe for Richard's grandmother...
I was craving chocolate earlier so I made some of these, chocolate drizzled pretzels! Yum! They are soooooooo good. Not sure how many I will get since Richard and Hunter were picking and eating them before the chocolate hardened. :)
Back to quilting....
Kristie

6 comments:

Yvette said...

I know I have quilters A.D.D. Blog reading sure doesn't help either.

Anonymous said...

Yvette, AMEN! to that!!!!! Doreen

Texan said...

oh yes I think quilters ADD is very common among quilters lol... epidemic actually lol...

I got some of that stuff you put in the pot holders at Walmart yesterday. They had it on sale 3.50a yard. So I got a yard to try those strippy pot holders!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Kristie, I know I have Quilters ADD, so your not alone. So many projects, old ones to finish and new ones to start.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That looks like a great idea for you mom!!

Unknown said...

The shawl is a great idea.