Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quilt Top Completed!

 It's finished!  Or at least the top is finished.  I'll throw it in the pile to be quilted.  The lighting wasn't the best this morning, I think I had too much sunlight coming through the front door glass.  
It feels great to have it finished.  It seemed like I worked on it forever.  
A total of 30 blocks and a little over 1200 pieces, which really isn't a whole lot when you are talking about a whole quilt.  I know a few of the seems look a little crooked in the photo below but they are not, there is a big picture hanging on the wall behind it and it makes the quilt crooked.  :)
This was a great use of scraps and strings of all sizes.  It was completely pieced on my "baby girl" my 1933 Featherweight!  I love her more than ever now.  This was my first complete quilt that I have pieced with her and she did a wonderful job.  I hope to do more sewing on her soon.  
 On to other news...Hunter had a program for the Veteran's yesterday at school.  He is in the front with the blue shirt and microphone singing.  I was so proud of him.  He wouldn't look at me because he was afraid he would mess up.  He did a great job, they all did.  He loves to sing, his favorites are country and gospel.  I'll have to sneak and record him singing sometime.  :)
 It is only 8:35am so I think I will clean the house up and load a quilt on the frame....

Oh BTW...I think a lot of you have already noticed that I have a tab at the top of my blog that takes you to all of my vintage machines.  Well, it's not like I have a ton of them but I am just starting.  I noticed this morning that I don't have my featherweight on there yet, I'll have to do that sometime today.
Kristie

17 comments:

lil red hen said...

Love it!! Your background fabric makes the prints just pop out!

sara said...

Your quilt top is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Becky said...

The quilt top is fabulous! I like the subdued colors.

Yvette said...

Your top looks great!! Congratulations!!

Wow, you are catching Bonnie Hunter with all those machines. LOL

Cheryl Willis said...

I love this top! I have thought I wanted to make one and now can 'see' how to do it.

Ranch Wife said...

And to me it seems like you just zipped that quilt top out in no time. LOL. It's gorgeous Kristie. Did your pile of strings get any smaller?

Average Quilter said...

Your quilt top looks great. It always feels good to finish one - at least to that point. I was crusing blogs the other day and someone else collects vintage machines- made me think about yours

Janet O. said...

I echo Karin's comment. It seems like that top came together so quickly! And it is so beautifully rustic looking to me--the scrappiness and the colors. I love it, Kristie!
I'm off to take a look at your machines. : )

Angie said...

This quilt top is GORgeous---I absolutely love the scrappiness of it. :) And that is a sweeeeet little machine. :)

Terry said...

Your quilt top is beautiful! Well done! :0)

Michelle said...

Quilt looks great, Kristie! YAY Hunter! I'd love to hear him sing!

Gayle said...

Scrap quilts are my favorites and this one is spectacular! Congrats on the finish!

ruthsplace said...

It looks fabulous! I love scrap quilts.

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous quilt top! A friend of mine just made that exact top out of bright batiks and it looks like a completely different pattern. Your top is so tranquil! Love it!

Louise said...

I love that quilt...so warm and colorful!

Michelle said...

Your Rocky Road to Kansas top is awesome...great job!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful top.