Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sewing Along...

 It's been a few days since I posted last.  Life has just been a little busy, but I have been doing some sewing anyway.  So here is a recap in no particular order.  

Here is Hunter at McDonald's.  Every year we take him to McDonald's before he goes Trick or Treating.  He loves their chicken nuggets.  His costume was in the truck that is why he wasn't dressed.  
I've been trying to finish up my last 5 blocks of my Rocky Road to Kansas blocks.  I have 20 sections to do and they are about half done.  I can't wait to get this one sewn together.  
I got a few more Bowties done, another applique basket, and my Grandmother's Choice block for this week.  I am still a few behind on this one but I'll get them caught up soon.  
I got this one quilted and off the frame.  It was a big one measuring 100x100.  I quilted it with a panto called, "On the forest floor"  I love the quilting design, it is one of my favorite even though it takes a while for me to do.  
 Now on to a few other things...here are my boys being silly last night.  These boys will never know how much that I love them and how very proud I am of them.  
I can't believe that Andrew is 19, seems like only yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital.  
Other things....Hunter had a dentist appointment yesterday.  Just a cleaning but NO cavities!  He still has 10 baby teeth to lose, but the dentist said that they all seemed to be coming in nice and straight so NO braces in his future.  That is a good thing!  

Hunter is going to be in the Christmas play at Church.  He is a Wiseman.  I am very pleased that he is doing this.  Both of my boys have done this and it makes me very proud that I enjoy it so much.  His first practice is Wednesday at 7pm.  They are also starting up a youth group at Church on Thursday nights.  We have a Thursday night service anyway so this will be nice for the kids to have a little extra fun learning.  

Last but not least...this may be silly to some but I am very excited.  LOL!  My Christmas Cactus is blooming!  I love houseplants and have had several over the years but the one thing that I can't grow is a Christmas Cactus!  Mom bought it after Christmas last year on clearance.  I had it on my porch all summer and at one point I thought it was dead.  Imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when I noticed that it had tiny buds on it.  I took this photo a few days ago, now there are more blooms.  
 Now I'm off to get some housework done before I head upstairs to sew.
Kristie

5 comments:

kutiequilter said...

I love reading your blog.
I had trouble with my Christmas cactus too. Have found if I don't water it for a month or 2 then I do water it-it blooms! My Bible study ladies say it needs the stress of no water to bloom. Just in case you wanted to know. Yours is beautiful!

Yvette said...

Hi Kristie!
It's always nice to read what you have been up to.

Deb A said...

You have been a busy lady! Can't wait to see those Kansas Troubles blocks. Your baskets are wonderful and love your GC block this week.
So nice that he will be in the play. Those are the fun memories.

Vickie said...

Impressive collection of vintage machines. You and Bonnie Hunter,share the same passion with that.You're quilting is beautiful. I am a new follower and will enjoy reading about what your up to.

lil red hen said...

I'm always so excited to see what you've written and the progress you're making on your quilts. By not posting something every day you probably get a lot more done than those who do.

Your love for the boys is so wonderful; we need more of that these days!