Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Sewing

 I've spent the evening sewing!  That felt great!  I've made 6 rice bags they will be gifts for Christmas.  These things are great!  I made several last year and everyone seemed to love them.  Of course, I have some that I kept for myself.  They are great when you have aches and pains, just pop the in the microwave for a few minutes and you have moist heat to apply.  If needed you can keep the in the freezer for a cold compress.  Either way, they are great.  
Here is what I have on my temporary design wall.  I still need to paint that wall so I just tacked some leftover pieces of batting up there.  Anyway, here are half of my Rocky Road to Kansas blocks. The quilt will have 30 blocks and I have 15 of them completely pieced and those need to be sewn into rows.  
I have the other 15 blocks pieced in sections of 2 so I need to finish getting those blocks together too.  At this point, I'm not sure what I will use for a border but I'll decide on that once I get all of the blocks sewn together.  
Here are a few more photos of Leo!  Here he is sleeping up in my sewing room.  Well, he was sleeping until I snapped the photo.  Can you tell he was sleeping, look at those droopy eyes.  
He and Hunter have played most of the day.  I love seeing him so happy.  Leo seems to be loving his new home even though he has only been here for a couple of days.  :)  
 We did find something out about him....he is completely HOUSEBROKE!  :)  He has been outside during the days and he has been in the house during the night.  When we get up in the mornings, he is doing the pee-pee dance by the door!  LOL!  I don't plan on him staying inside all of the time, only when it is extremely cold outside, it's just that he is new to Hunter and Hunter loves playing with him.  Well, not only Hunter but all of us.  One thing that I love is that when he is in the house, he doesn't even attempt to get on the furniture.  I do love our animals but I don't want them on my furniture.  The only furniture they are allowed on is Richard's recliner.  LOL!  Well...when I am dogsitting my sister's dog, Zoey, she is so used to sleeping on the couch, so she does get on there.  Jazz and Smokey could care less about it.  

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some more sewing done tomorrow after Church.  I want to work on my Rocky Road to Kansas and also I need to load a quilt on the frame.  
Kristie

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Your blocks look great. Glad you got to sew. Also glad that Leo is a good boy! Have fun sewing tomorrow. I plan on sewing all day and watching movies.

Yvette said...

Awwwww, Leo is a sweetie. I think Leo will like staying inside with you. I think he knows if he slips up he will be out for good so he is on his best behavior.

ruthsplace said...

Love the blocks on your design wall.
Leo looks like a really lovely addition to the family.

Janet O. said...

I love my rice bags and think they make great gifts. I have three of varying sizes and they are very close friends of mine in the cold weather, when everything seems to ache!
Your RRtoK quilt seems to have come together very quickly, Kristie. The blocks are so wonderful.
Leo has obviously found a good home where he will be loved and appreciated.

Deb A said...

I love your quilt. Can't wait to see this one finished.

MarneyMay said...

Wow your quilt is looking great. Sounds like leao has the perfect home

Cheers Pauline

Gayle said...

LOVE your quilt blocks! I can't remember if you're using foundations to piece these blocks? Scrap quilts are always my favorites.