Thursday, November 29, 2012

Someone...

Someone made me cry!  LOL!  So here is the story....

Yesterday I was doing dishes and Leo started barking and I heard a knock at the door.  It was Kay, a good friend of mine.  She was telling me that her son was staying with them now.  He works away but when he isn't working he is there.  She needed to clean out a closet and stuff for him.  She brought me 2 bags of fabric.  She is a crafter not a quilter.  She said she had been saving fabric thinking that someday she would make a quilt but she said that would probably never happen.  It just made my day!!!  Look at the goodies!  There was even a purse in there that she had made but didn't like.  It just needs the handles finished.  I felt like it was Christmas.  
 She had no sooner left and there was another knock on the door so I figured it was her again.  It was the UPS guy with a package.  I was a little surprised because I wasn't expecting anything.  The return address just said, "Lowe's Home Improvement Store"  So I opened it and began to cry....

This is what was in the box....
The Jim Shore that I had mention in my post back on the 20th.  I never meant anything by it other than I loved it but it wasn't in the budget right now since we are watching every penny.  There wasn't anything in the box other than the Nativity.  I don't know who you are but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I love it and it will always be cherished with memories of you.  I hope and pray that my kids always remember the kindness.  

I love Jim Shore stuff.  I only have 6 of them...now.  LOL!  I love collecting them and really enjoy looking at them.  So many different quilt designs on them.  
Kristie

15 comments:

Terry said...

What a wonderful day you had! You're very blessed! :0)

Regina said...

Oh how sweet!!! I bet your heart is full right now!!! Your mystery benefactor is a very special person!!

Three Birds Inspired said...

What a wonderful day you had! Your new Jim Shore piece is just lovely. I collect Holy Family pieces and have that one on my list for Christmas this year.

Katie M. said...

Friends, known and unknown, enrich our lives so much. Your day proved that.

sara said...

Wowww!
What a wonderful day you had!!

Janet O. said...

What a very special day, Kristie! Aren't people good?

Ranch Wife said...

Such sweet blessings from very kind friends! Tis the season! :) I like it when this season lasts all year!

Missy Shay said...

What a blessing! I love all of those calicos! I'm not familiar with Jim Shore, I'll have to look it up!

Unknown said...

Such sad news. For sure none of us knows what a day will bring. Sympathy to the husband and family and joy in a long lived marriage and love of quilting and support from Ray for Claire. We will look forward to seeing the pics you will share with us from a dedicated, talented quilter.

Unknown said...

Sorry Kristie..my msg. was for Bonnie Hunter's site and snafu was all mine. I'm a slave to your blog also and was there reading and made my mistake. You are loved and I'm glad Jim Shore and fabric came your way.

Floss said...

What a blessing :)

debbie said...

That is such a sweet story about your surprise package and woohoo congrats on all the fabric too. debbie ps Leo is looking fantastic.

lil red hen said...

Wow! What wonderful surprises! Maybe there really is a Santa Claus!

Michelle said...

Wow...what amazing gifts! So happy for you!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

How lovely on both gifts! I hope you have been able to enjoy both of them!