Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday's Sewing

This morning started out so slow...we didn't get home until well after midnight. I told Richard we were too old to be staying out that late. He said since it is that hard on us now, and we are in our thirties can you imagine how tired we will be when we are older!!! I guess we all had a nice time, the kids really enjoyed it. We slept in very late this morning!!!! And we had breakfast around noon! :)

After breakfast Richard and the boys went outside to work on a chicken coop for Andrew. They worked several hours on that and I stayed in and SEWED! I started out cutting, sewing, and ironing a bunch of squares for my Cathedral Windows. I cut all of the muslin that I had extra for that quilt and stacked them in my sewing box so they will be ready when I decide to work on it again.

I also sandwiched my tablerunner and quilted it, now all I need to do is the binding. I cut the binding for it the other day, now I just need to iron it and sew it on. Not really sure what I will do with it once it is finished. I will probably just put it back and save it for the house when it is finished.

I also decided to start a new scrap quilt!!! Actually the pattern is called "Glory Be" the pattern is in patriotic fabrics but since I am going to do mine in scraps, I will have to think of another name for it. Here is my practice block. It looks like the seams are off-set but they are not, I just need to iron it.

So after I did this block I decided to start cutting out the pieces. I have some of it cut but I still need to do alot more cutting. Not sure what size I will make this one, I guess I will just make blocks until I get tired of them.

Still looking through my fabrics that I bought Saturday. I'm not sure what I will make with them, so I guess they will just go into the stash until I find something that I need them for. Hopefully we will be going back in a few weeks so I can pick up more!!!! I will have to watch and not get so many greens this time.

It's almost time to get Richard up for work so I had better start his breakfast! Breakfast at midnight!!!!
Kristie

10 comments:

Days and colors said...

Lucky you with so many pretty fabrics!!!That IS a dream! The CW blocks are beautiful, I'm still not working on it, maybe in Autumn?...
Your table runner looks really good, I love the colours!
You did a lot of sewing! Can't wait to see what is coming next!!

Unknown said...

The tablerunner is great. New scrap quilt, I believe the top will be done in a week or two.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Looks great, Kristie! I'm losing ground with all the company I've had. I'll have to catch up this week.
Regina

QuiltedSimple said...

I like the table runner - and cannot wait to see your new scrap quilt - glad you had a good weekend!
Kris

Jen said...

That table runner is awesome!!!!! I love your new smiley sigy.

Moneik said...

Your tablerunner is great and it sounds like you have a fun project ahead of you.

sewkalico said...

Your table runner is very pretty! And your 'new' scrap quilt reminds me of something similar I've seen in reds which I just love soooooo I'm thinking you're getting me inspired to add yet another project to my to do list LOL

Amelia said...

Sounds like you have been as busy as can be...I agree the table runner colors are outstanding.

Amelia

Lise in Norway said...

Your tabelrunner looks good Kristie

Toni said...

what a great idea to use up the leftovers...I was dumbfounded with how many mini block pieces I have leftover from the OC. I might have to copy your idea :)