Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Borders Are On!

First off, I would like to say a big "Thank You" for all of your thoughts and Prayers for Richard having to walk to work this morning. He made it just fine! I was so worried and he says that I worry too much but I can't help it. He walked a mile before daylight to get to the blacktop road to catch a ride on to work. I looked as he left this morning and it was 3 degrees! But like I said he did fine and called me as soon as he made it. We finally got the county to come out and scrap the road so it is driveable now, but now the problem is that I still can't get my car out of the driveway! :) Richard's truck will go so he will be driving it to work.

Late last night after my post, I decided to go ahead and add my border on my "Boxy Stars" top. Nothing fancy, just a plain border as you can see in the photo here. Now it is all neatly folded and awaiting quilting. I have the binding ready for it too and it is with the quilt top! Feels good!!
No sewing here today! Not sure what I will work on next! I have several things that I would love to finish but just can't bring myself to work on them. I may do some handquilting on my other quilt for a few days until the urge hits me to finish something else!!
Kristie

6 comments:

Amelia said...

So glad that Richard made it fine. I know you were worried...great now that the road is passable and he can drive.

Yvette said...

Woo Hoo! Another finish.

How about a Nearly Insane block next. LOL! You kmow I am not going to stop bugging you.

QuiltedSimple said...

I'm so glad that Richard made it out fine - and that the county came and cleared your road. Hopefully things will warm up for you! ANd this quilt top is beautiful - love the colors!
Kris

Anonymous said...

Glad Richard is fine.
I was counting down (75 quilt to 73 now back to 74, so hard to keep track!HEHE) but there are never enough quilts..and if there are ever too many you know my address!:-))))

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow I would have been worried too but I am glad that he made it. I love your quilt it looks so cozy

Heather

Unknown said...

I am glad that Richard is o.k. and that your road has been scraped.