Sunday, February 8, 2009

Started a couple more!

I have been sewing the past few days! First off, Amelia, got me started on some half square triangles. :) She is working on a quilt using them and we were discussing them. Anyway, I have been wanting to make a quilt just using all half square triangles. So I started making some, and I just plan on adding to my stack as I get the scraps, this will be a long-term project for me. So here is what I have so far...

As I was going through my fabric, I noticed I had a ton of pinks! So I decided that I would make a Pink Bargello for my sister! She loves pink, so that would be the perfect quilt to use all of these up on! First I cut 240 pink strips!!! And them I sewed them into sets of 6! This took a while, but here is a photo of Smokey that I took! I went and got the clothes out of the dryer, came back in here and this is what I found...

Isn't he the cutest! I did finish one block so that I could see how all of these pinks were going to look together! Now it will take me a while to finish the others because I have to do alot of ironing on them. The funny thing is, my sister came over while I had all of these strips out and the block laying on the table and she picked it up and said that she really liked it because of all the pinks! So at least I know that she will like it! :)

Oh and I got another good photo of Donkey! He is soooo silly! I don't understand how he sleeps in some of these positions!
And Richard and I worked on the house a little this weekend too! We are working on getting the porch framed! We want to have it ready for the roofing within the next few weeks. I'm telling you those beams across the top were sooooo heavy! There are 2, 20 foot oak beams up there and it was all that we could do to get them up there! But it will be worth it in the end! I love a big front porch! The front porch will measure 8 ft wide and 40 for long! I can't wait to sit me some rocking chairs out there on it.....yes, I'm dreaming!! :) Oh, and we put in the 2 windows in the master bedroom ( the 2 tall windows in the front) they crank out, so that will be nice for a breeze.

Anyway, tomorrow I have lots of running to do! Need to pick up horse feed and pay some bills. :( Then probably the rest of the week I will be helping mom during the day. She is wallpapering her kitchen and painting here living room, dining room, and here family room! Oh, and she is also putting up a wallpaper border in the living room. I will have to take photos of it too!
Kristie











13 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh that pink is so dreamy looking...it will really make a beautiful quilting.

Your half square triangles look like a good start towards a quilt.

Every bit of progress on the house is a step in the right direction and getting closer to the time you can move in!

Have fun at your Mom's helping her with her latest decorating plans.

Yvette said...

OOOOOH! I really like the pink block. That is going to be beautiful.

I can't believe you all are building your own house. What a dream!

Lurline said...

I think you will find the pink quilt a big attraction! Must be so exciting to see your house coming along!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Michelle said...

How excited you must be with your house! It is coming right along. I can't wait to see your bargello quilt finished. I know your sister will love it.

Have a wonderful week.
Michelle

Carla said...

You must be "tickled pink" with the progress on your house and your new quilt projects. Your bargello block is so pretty and very pink! I have a gazillion 5 1/2" half square triangles from a swap and a friend recently gave me a page several layouts perfect for them. Let me know if you want me to send you a copy.

Babs said...

The pinks are beautiful!

Can't wait to see what you do with those HST's!

QuiltedSimple said...

The pinks are beautiful - your sister will love them. I love the picture of donkey - cats amaze me sometimes. And your house - is looking FABULOUS! Have a great week!
Kris

countrychicken said...

As usual your quilts are outstanding!! The house looks wonderful. When the porch is done and the rocking chairs are on it I'll blog sit with you - you can sew, I'll knit. I love big porches and rocking chairs!!!

Cindy said...

I love when you share photos of the status of your house. Got to love those pets - they make us smile.

Unknown said...

You are making so much progress on the house.

Winona said...

Kristie, that pink quilt will be beautiful! I know your sister will love it. The house is looking great. I always love pictures of the animals. Monkey is such a cute kitty. Winona

kcenya1950 said...

What luck for you sister to have already give you such positive feedback. That is alot of pink strips to have cut!. This is my first visit toyour blog and I wish you success on the quilting. 40 is alot of tops to quilt but whoa 75 is alot of tops to have finished. You are very productive!

Cindy Larson said...

That's too funny!!! Our cat will do that if he gets the chance :) The house is really coming along! Soooo exciting :)