Sunday, February 15, 2009

This And That!

It has been a really good weekend. I asked Richard to watch "Gone With The Wind" with me for Valentine's Day, and he DID! He hates that movie but it is my favorite. Let's just say he did NOT enjoy it but he did it for me. So it was a really good night. While we watched it, I worked on some hand quilting. I am still working on the same quilt. I am slow when I do hand work but I really enjoy it and it gives me something to do while watching tv. Here is a photo of my hand quilting project...

Today, Richard worked on the house. I didn't get a photo of it because it was getting dark when he stopped. He got half of the front porch rafters up. The porch will be 40 ft long so there are a lot of rafters to be put up. I will try to get a photo of it tomorrow.

While he was working on that I did some sewing. He thought it was too cold for me to be out there helping him. I worked on the quilt for my sister, the PINK Bargello. Here is one of the blocks of it. I think I need a total of 36 blocks and I only have 6 completely finished. But all the strips are sewn into strips of 6, most of them still need ironing and recut again, then sewn into blocks like this. So I guess I am slow working on it, but I'll get it finished eventually!

I also worked on more of the 1/2 square triangles for my scrap quilt. I still have not decided on a pattern for them yet, but there are a million possibilities for it. I really like doing them with the paper piecing. It is a lot faster for me and more accurate.

That is all of the sewing that I got done today. I didn't get in a big hurry, just took my time and enjoyed sewing. I looked through some of my quilt tops and sorted the ones that I had backings for. I didn't count how many that I have ready for quilting but here is a photo of them. I really need to find another place to store the ones that I have ready. This does not show that million others that I don't have backing for yet! :)

Last but not least here are a couple more photos of Donkey! I was using this shoebox to store my pink strips in and as you can see Donkey took it for himself...
And there are no words needed for this photo....
Not sure yet what my plans are for tomorrow....probably help mom with more painting!
Kristie

12 comments:

Amelia said...

That cat!

I agree the paper piecing of the triangles is so much easier...and to me faster.

Have a great week!

Yvette said...

I have never had a cat but yours is adorable.

I am in awe of all the quilt tops you have made. You are going to go to town once you get our sewing room and new machine.

Those pink blocks are just too cute! Your sister is going to LOVE this.

Michelle said...

I love the pink block. I might have to have that pattern.
That 'Donkey' should have been named 'Crazy Cat'.
Blessings,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I love how you are doing the paper piecing of 1/2 square triangles. I aggree with you too....quilting/sewing should be enjoyed so don't rush it, enjoy it.

On the weekend I had a go at dyeing more fabric...great fun!!
Cheers

QuiltedSimple said...

What a fun weekend you had working on your projects. Have a great week!
Kris

Sara said...

Donkey completely cracks me up! He sleeps in such funny positions!

I love the bargello and your half square triangle is going to look great! can't wait to see them both finished!

KyQuiltlady said...

My! how much work you get done! I love the pink bargello. Quilting is like a massage for Donkey. Did you know that Monica is going to be doing massages at Quilter's Day? I'm excited about your house. I bet I know what room will be finished first.

Cindy Larson said...

Wow! Looks like you really had a productive day! Donkey is just sooooo cute :) Glad your through that storm. We are getting one over the next two days.

Gina said...

Love the photos of the quilts in progress

love and hugs Gina xxx

Unknown said...

Poor Richard *LOL*

trendy georgia said...

Loved the valentines film. I told my hubby and he pulled a face!!! We too got a film in for Valentines day but it was The Black Knight...romantic huh!!
Love Cherry

limpingalong said...

I love the colors in your hand-quilting quilt!
I liked your request for Valentine. I did the opposit. I volunteered to go see a movie with hubby that I knew I would not like. I was right, the language was awful, but he wanted to see it so that was my gift to him. So much better than some dinky think that I would buy!