Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Rough Couple Of Days!

It has sure been a stressful couple of days! First off let me "Thank You" all for your thoughts and prayers about my mom. She is doing GREAT!!! So let me start you with my weekend...

Andrew turned 16 on Tuesday, so we had him a birthday party over the weekend. I planned the party for Saturday but then some of the boys came home with him on the bus Friday and the rest came Saturday morning. They stayed ALL weekend!! I had a total of 6 teenage boys plus Hunter and the rest of us! Let me tell you they sure can EAT! Seems like all I did was cook! Anyway they had a wonderful time and it is hard to believe that Andrew is 16. We had him a cake made with a fishing theme on it and then I baked him a Red Velvet Cake on Tuesday, that is his favorite.

Saturday Hunter was playing around with the boys and all of a sudden he came to me and said that he did not feel well. I checked his temp and it was 104. So he was sick the rest of the weekend. I took him to the doctor first thing Monday morning.

While I had Hunter at the doctor, which is also where my sister works, I called mom to tell her what the doctor said about Hunter. I called the house and there was no answer so I called her cell phone. I asked her where she was and that is when she told me she was at the ER! Naturally I flipped out. So long story short....after several days of testing they said she would be fine!! Thank the Lord! They did put her on some medication and said that she should not really have any long term problems. But they did also say that she needs her gallbladder taken out. Which is a very simple surgery, I had it done a few years ago and I was running around the next day. I am still worried about her but the doctor cleared her to go back to work on the boat tomorrow! I wanted her to wait a few more days but she said that she really could not afford to miss work.

Yesterday, I took mom back down to the hospital for more testing and on the way home we came up on a terrible scene. Here is the news article on it. Right at the end of my road there was a sweet elderly couple that lived there. They were actually distant kin to me but I remember them always coming to my grandparents house when I was a little girl and I often talked to them. They were very sweet people. They lived right beside the blacktop and had a gravel driveway which is about a mile away from my house. They had turned their truck over in the pond and they both died! They were in their 80's and it was a very sad thing. When we got there the police and all the officials were there, they had pulled the truck up out of the pond and had the bodies laying beside it covered up. It really upset me. I told mom that I had just talked to her on the phone a few days before and she was telling me that she could not walk at all without her walker, so I don't think that she could have gotten out. And he was not in good health either. So sad but after being married as long as they had been.....they died together. The police still are not sure exactly why they rolled backwards into the pond. I just can't seem to get it off of my mind.

So now on to more cheery things.... Here are a couple of photos of the animals, Hunter and Richard.


Here is a link to a blog of a really nice lady and quilter! If you have time take a look she just started her blog this year! Very talented and friendly lady! jackyosews.wordpress.com
Kristie


14 comments:

Amelia said...

So glad to hear your Mother is doing better and they know exactly what is wrong with her.

Too bad about that couple who lived nearby...I hope when I reach that age and it is not safe for me to drive I will have the sense to hang up the keys.

Hey Lady you are getting older if # 1 son is 16 now.

Have a great weekend.

Yvette said...

I was so worried about your mom. Thank God she is ok!

That Donkey is a hoot! I think he is the cutest thing.

Nancy said...

Kristie, I'm so glad to hear that your mom is OK - hope going back to work so soon is really OK for her.
What a sad story of your neighbors - you just never know do you?

Hope Hunter is feeling better now. Didn't you have a bunch of boys for Andrew's 15th birthday too - doesn't seem like it was all that long ago!

Thanks for your comments on Allie's quilt. I'm sure she will send more pictures when she finishes the quilting.

KyQuiltlady said...

I am so glad your mom is ok but I am sure if it is her gall bladder it will have to be taken out. I hate to hear that was your neighbors. That is so sad. I am glad Andrew had a good 16th Birthday. Sorry to hear Hunter isn't feeling good. Richard looks like he is getting some rest, he must have partied to much. LOL Now maybe you can get some sewing done.
Brenda

QuiltedSimple said...

I'm so glad your mom is doing good. Happy birthday to Andrew! That is so horrible about your neighbors - how tragic! And the picture of Richard - looks like what Todd does with Midnight the cat - somehow Midnight loves to sit with him. Have a great day!
Kris

Jacky O said...

Kristie,
I am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better! I bet all of Andrew's friends had a great time at your house!! How is Hunter feeling? I was sorry to hear about your neighbors, that was really tragic. Those spoiled animals...gotta love 'em!!
Take care!
Jacky O

Winona said...

Kristy, glad to hear your mom is better. I hope Hunter recovers quickly too. I am so sorry about your neighbors. How sad. Take care. Winona

Gina said...

I'm glad your mum has recovered well.

great photos

love and hugs Gina xxx

Three Birds Inspired said...

Kristie - I am so sorry that things have been so stressful for you for the past week. Hopefully next week will be a good one!

Glad to hear your Mom is doing well.

Michelle said...

Kristie,
You HAVE been a busy busy girl! Glad your mom is doing better and that gall bladder behaves until she can get it taken out.

Glad Andrew's party was a success, and I hope Hunter is feeling better.

You take care of yourself, you hear?
Blessings,
Michelle

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What wonderful news about your Mom. The story about the elderly couple is so sad. You just never know what tomorrow will bring....
Hang in there...Hope Hunter is feeling better!

countrychicken said...

I think you have had more than your share of happenings for a week. Glad you mom is okay. Happy Birthday to your son. Its great he can have his friends over and enjoy himself at home. My son and his friends used to hang out at different houses every week and they were some of their best times.

Cindy Larson said...

Wow! A lot can happen in a short amount of time! I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing better. But how horrible for those poor people!!! I'm sorry for your loss. I didn't even know them and am about in tears. We lost to locals through the ice on Friday the thirteenth! Amazing how that will just shut down a small town. Cute pics :)

Unknown said...

Say happy birthday to Andrew although it is a little late. Is your mother going to work? Sad to hear about the couple.