Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stuck Again!

Well, we are stranded again! :) Gotta love this country living! All of the ice is not melted from last week and my car still will not move out of my driveway! So this evening we are getting another snow storm!

I took this video earlier and as you can see it is really coming down!


I know it looks dark in the video but it was taken during the day, it was just snowing so hard it looks very dark. If you look close you can see a couple of the horses standing out in it. Now, I promise that these horses do have shelter that they can come and go as they please, but they just love the snow. I grabbed the video camera because they were running, kicking, rolling and rearing up on their hind legs. And wouldn't you know, as soon as I got out there to video they stopped! :) Anyway, I just looked out and they are back in their shelter for the night. Oh, and that little thing that you see going across the top of the video, it is my flag on my front porch! Giggle, I looked at it and it is still my "Halloween" flag!!!! Do you think I need to change it or just leave it until October! :) Good thing, that I live in the country and no one can see it except for us!

Mom and I SLID off of the hill this morning going to the grocery store! We couldn't get back the sameway so we had to take the back way in. Our road kind of makes a horseshoe from the main road. There are two ways in but one is several miles more. Richard leaves for work before daylight and of course he slid off the hill backwards this morning and hit the main road backwards, thank God no one was coming or he would have gotten hit. So tomorrow I'm not sure how Richard will get off the hill with all of this new snow. He said that he would walk out to the main road and have a guy that he works with pick him up but that is over a mile! Crazy husband! We do have a 4x4 but it still will not go in this mess!

Anyway, I did get my other quilt block finished! Now I just need to get the sashings cut and it all sewn together! Hopefully, I will start on this tomorrow!

10 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, my goodness - all sounds a bit dangerous to me - are there many accidents when conditions are like this? Please stay safe!
HUGS - lURLINE♥

Amelia said...

Oh sweet girl - be careful when you make the trips outdoors...don't want any broken arms or wrists...my oldest grandson slipped on the ice and broke his wrist...will be in cast at least three weeks.

Stay warm!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Hey....your video looks like what's happening at my house....9:30 am bright sunshine.....2:30 pm dark with snow.....yikes!!

Stay safe ans warm.....LindaMay

QuiltedSimple said...

You are getting hammered down there! Be careful! At least you still have electric. I love the video - have a great day and get lots of sewing done!
Kris

Winona said...

Kristie, sounds like you guys are getting dumped on. Seems like a good time to stay in the house and quilt. (grin) I will pray for all your family's safety.
Winona

ardisjo said...

Good to hear that you still have electricity. Enjoy it. Thinking of you.
Ardis in Oregon

Michelle said...

Sorry you are getting all the weather. It's just COLD here, but by the end of the week, it could be almost 50*! Hopefully a lot of our dirty snow will melt away.
Take care, and stay safe!
Michelle

countrychicken said...

Do you think this is ever going to stop?? We are getting the snow today,lets hope they are wrong and we get less than the weatherman says.

Cindy said...

Love when you share your videos. Maybe you can catch the horses in the snow next time. Are you sewing yet?

Unknown said...

Isn´t it spring soon?