Wednesday, June 14, 2017

This is going to be a busy day!

 Yesterday was a good productive day!  I got about half of this beautiful king size quilt top quilted!
 I am using a panto called, Mint Julep.  I love this panto and it is a big one...somewhere around 15" or so.  I don't remember exactly without looking at it. 
 I hope to get it finished today and off the frame.  I don't have to do the binding on this one.  I usually end up doing the binding on 90% of the quilts that I quilt and I do it by hand.  So that keeps me busy too.  I love doing binding.
 I also still need to square up and do the binding on that Hexie quilt from a couple of days ago.  Then I think I have a Flag quilt up next.  I will have to look at my planner to be sure on that.  The Flag quilt is small so I will do the quilting and binding in one day.  

My sister and I also stained mom's front porch and banisters yesterday before the storms hit in the afternoon.  Let me tell you, it was HUMID!  I came straight home, took some Motrin for my back and got in the shower.  LOL!  Now we have to wait for it to dry up so that we can do her HUGE back deck.  If I can remember I will take a pic because it's big.  I dread it.  LOL!  

While cooling down, I took a few minutes to prep more of these coffin shapes.  I'm loving these!  I have a few sewn together but not many.  Not really enough to show yet.  
 I better close this post as I have a lot to do today!  I have to run to town, finish that quilt and can some kraut!  Busy, busy, busy!


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you stay busy for sure - do you thread baste those coffin shapes or glue baste?

Janet O. said...

I can't fathom all you get done in a day.
If you end up doing the binding on most of your customer quilts, it is a very good thing you enjoy doing it. If I had to bind for other people, they would never get their quilts back! LOL
I wish you well with your busy day!

---"Love" said...

Pretty fabrics in that pretty quilt, and your quilting is beautiful, as usual. Do you ever get to sleep 8 hours? ---"Love"