Saturday, December 8, 2007

Life On Friday!!!

Friday morning was a very hard morning for me. I had to take Mom down to catch her boat. We left the house around 6:30am. I think we tried to avoid talking about Christmas and the fact that she wouldn't be here. When I hugged her bye she wouldn't even raise her head up to look at me. I know that she was crying the same as I was.

I left her around 8am and drove on to the mall. I thought I would do a little Christmas shopping since I was down there. Stopped at JC Pennys, Goody's, Belk's, American Eagle, and several other stores. I only spent $20 at the mall, I just couldn't find anything that I wanted. Then it was on to the liquor store, to pick Richard up a 5th of Crown Royal. His Christmas Party is tonight (Saturday), I will tell you more about that in a little bit.

I bought a live Christmas tree today. Richard ended up having to work late. His truck brokedown so that put him behind. He got up at midnight to go to work and got back home at 11:30pm. Almost 24hrs!!! Then he was just sooooooo tired that he couldn't sleep, so we watched a movie. Anyway, the boys and I already had the tree up and deocorated. I am usually a control freak when it comes to decorating the tree. I always want everything to match and be perfect. I even have all of my gift wrapping matching and make my own bows. But not this year! I let them have control of it. This year we have...multi-colored lights, bright ornaments of ALL colors and gift wrapping in every color of the rainbow. But the kids had a blast doing it. For some reason this photo is very dark, but trust me the tree is SOOOOOOO BRIGHT!!

Oh, I did stop at Walmart for a few minutes this morning and this is all that I bought. 3 1/2yd pieces to add to my stash. Just really haven't been in the mood to sew the past several days. Maybe after Christmas it will hit me again.

Richard's Christmas party is tonight. It is at the Mountain Arts Center in Prestonsburg. Dinner is being served at 5:30pm. After dinner they will give out gifts to their employees and then the show starts at 7:30pm. The show that we are seeing is..."Celebrate Christmas with the KY Opry" I will let you know how it all goes...
Kristie


6 comments:

Jen said...

I think your tree looks beautiful!! I'm sorry you haven't been in the mood to sew; you will again soon. Just keep plugging along, one day at a time. What about making your mom a quilt for Christmas? YOu could have it made and free motion quilted by the time she comes home; what a surprise that would be!!

Amelia said...

Having your Mom gone is a downer for sure. You will snap out of it...just wait awhile. Perhaps, the party will lift your spirits.

You will get back into the mood of sewing...right now there are too many distractions.

Unknown said...

Your tree looks great, there is so much fun in letting the children be in control of the decorations. It is always sad when the family can´t be together at Christmas time, will she be back for New years eve?

Cindy said...

Your tree is awesome. I still have to do mine. Hang in there before you .know it she'll be home again and you'll make up for lost time. Lots of hugs coming your way

Gina said...

Your tree looks great.

I'm sorry that it's time for your mum to go back to work. Just try and focus on the big coming home party you'll be having in a few weeks time. I'll be thinking of you.

love and hugs xxx

Moneik said...

Your tree looks so nice and I'm sure the time will fly and your mom will be home again. The sewing spirit will hit you again soon.