Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Wonderful Christmas!

We had a GREAT Christmas and now the day is winding down. It is 9pm and my house is still a mess. Richard got up this morning at 3:30am to go pick up Breanna, my step-daughter. Chantal was here before I got the boys up. They started opening gifts at 5:30am. They enjoyed it so much. I went ahead and gave Chantal all of her gifts, since mom wasn't here. I didn't want her to feel left out. I think she had a nice time too. So we spent most of the day letting the kids sort through their things and then left for Richard's Grandmother's around 2pm. We had a nice dinner there and spent a few hours with all of his family. His mom will be here sometime tomorrow or the next day. She lives in Ohio and had to work yesterday and today so she will be off work for the next few days.

I have to take Breanna home in the morning. Then she will be back in 2 weeks when we celebrate Christmas with mom. I wish she could stay for a few days, but I guess that is just the way it goes.

I talked with Mom a few times today. She was soooo sad. I felt so sorry for her, being on that boat with none of her family there with her. She broke down a few times. So I tried not to talk much about Christmas. We just tried to talk about things we wanted to do when she came home.

Hopefully, I can get the house straightened back up tomorrow and start planning some quilting projects. I need to get everything organized and make plans for the new year. Richard's Grandmother was telling me this afternoon that there is an old saying that "Whatever that you do on New Year's Day is what you will be doing all year" So I was thinking I would sew ALL day, but of course Richard was thinking that he would like to be doing something else ALL day! :) He is crazy! Anyway, I'm sure my list of goals for 2008 will grow in the next few days, because I will be finding more things to finish or do.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Kristie

3 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Yes, my husband would be voting for me doing something other than sewing all day then as well...men!!!
Sorry your Mum couldn't make it, but a second Christmas will be fun...my boy was up at 1.30 am wanting to unwrap presents, but managed to settle long enough to last to nearly 6 am! So much fun, Tracey

Moneik said...

I would love to sew all day too, but I don't think that will be the case. Paul is itching to go to the lake and ice fish, so if it is nice, that's where we'll be.

Jen said...

I love the whole whatever you do on new years day is what you will do all year thing. I think I've done crafty things on MANY new year's day's in my life.