Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Quick Project

Well...we got another snow! :( I am sooooo tired of it. I usually love the snow but this has been a hard winter for us here. I took this photo yesterday but we got a few more inches after the photo was taken.
I was working on my Scrappy Windmill quilt and I ran out of thread!! That just burns my butt! Anyway, I need to hurry and get this quilted and off of the frame because I have received 3 customer quilts this week. I will be going this weekend to pick up the thread and get back to quilting!

Here is Donkey! As you can see, he got his tubes out but he still has the stitches in. You can't see them in the photo because they are on the other side. Silly cat has found a way to take his cone and use it to scratch his stitches!!! He has torn a few of them out, so we are hoping that is will still heal good.

Little Hunter is having a sleepover tomorrow (Friday) School is cancelled for tomorrow but as of right now 2 of his little friends are still coming! Wish me luck that I survive THREE little 8 yr old boys!!! I have been cleaning the house, I don't know why because I'm sure it will be wrecked by the time they play.

I did work on a quick little project tonight! Here are two plastic bag dispensers. Made with fat quarters they go together in less than 10 minutes! The orange one is for me to put in my new kitchen since I am doing it in orange and I figure I will give the other one to my sister or someone.

It is almost midnight and we are still up. Hubby is working on his "process analysis" paper. He is still in school and is doing great! I'm so proud of him, I know it was hard for him to go to college after being out of school for 20 years.

Kristie

7 comments:

Libby said...

It is good to see Donkey! Good luck with your sleepover! I know Hunter is excitied! Hope you have lots of food!

Yvette said...

I am so glad that Donkey is healing, that was so scary. Good luck with the boys! They will have fun.

Joanne said...

Fantastic quilting!
I am so tired of snow too!
Have fun with all the boys - you are very brave.
Have a great weekend!♥

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hooray for Donkey!! Hooray for quilting and sewing! Boo on running out of thread! You are doing great! :)

julieQ said...

So glad for donkey!! And love your quilting...your machine is working out great?? I still need one!!

Mimi said...

I have been browsing through your blogs and you appear to be quite prolific in your quilting. I see you are doing the DJ. I am, too; not too faithfully, but it is up on my design wall reminding me daily. I love all your civil war quilts AND you do your own machine quilting. I am impressed! Your horses are beautiful, too. Happy quilting!

Unknown said...

When will Richard graduate?