Saturday, January 29, 2011

One off the frame and another one on...

Hunter had a sleepover last night! So I had three 8 yr old little boys, they were WILD but they had a great time. They stayed up all night and napped a little after I got up this morning. LOL! Actually there are still here and I will be taking them home shortly.

The weather was nice today and melted all of the snow! :) The boys were outside playing actually in the edge of the woods trying to build a log cabin. Oh I do love country living! So while they were playing I finished quilting this quilt. The boys were in plain view while I was standing at the frame so that worked out great! So the quilting is finished and now it awaits binding but that will have to wait a little while. Actually I have 3 or 4 that need binding but I will get to them when I can. After quilting this one, it takes my flimisies down to 30!!

I just can't tell you how good it feels to get them down to a total of 30! In this remaining 30, I have several LARGE ones that would be considered queen and king sizes.

I also loaded this customer quilt top on the frame a few minutes ago. A lady that works at one of our local banks had 2 beautiful tops that were ready to be quilted. This is the first of the two and it measures 72x88. The other one is a little smaller but they are both very beautiful and very well pieced. I have it on the frame now but I probably will not start quilting on it until after Church tomorrow.

Got some sad news earlier. My Great Uncle passed away this morning. He was 90 yrs old and had been sick for a while now. He was a very sweet man and will be sadly missed. I have so many great memories of this precious man and his wife while I was growing up.

Well, I guess it is time to get the boys to start cleaning up Hunter's room before I take them home.

Kristie

4 comments:

Yvette said...

So sorry to hear about your great-uncle. Nice that he lived a nice long life though.

I can't believe you have that stack down to 30! WOW!
Great to see you doing customer quilts too. So nice to have the extra money.

julieQ said...

Wow, don't I remember a much higher number of tops last year? YOu are doing so great!!!

Libby said...

30!? You are really moving Girl!
Sorry to hear about your Great Uncle but isnt it a comfort to know that he had a good long life! Emjoy the memories!
Libby

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear about your Great Uncle.