Sunday, July 31, 2016

19 more blocks...only 40 more to go!

 Just to let you know my posts are a few days behind.  This post will go up on Sunday but it's really Friday.  This is just a little easier for me to get some posts done.

So today I pieced 19 more Garlic Knot blocks.  This makes a total of 80 so far.  Now I need 40 more and then I will sew them together.  Planning on 10 blocks across and 12 blocks long, then I will add a border.  I'm thinking that this will give me the size that I want.  I will put it on the bed and if it's not big enough then I will just add another row of blocks. 
 I'm loving how fast these sew up.  A good use of 2" squares and strips. 
 While sewing these blocks today I also pieced one more Scrappy Star block.  I'm just sort of using it as a leader/ender for now. 
 I sewed most of the day and cleaned the house a little.  LOL!  Richard worked and Hunter cut the grass.  Tomorrow probably will not be a "sew day" as I have a bunch of cucumbers that I need to make pickles with.  Then on Monday we will be digging up the potatoes! 

3 comments:

---"Love" said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how your garlic knots go together. I think I've finally figured out how you made the blocks. My daddy always had a big garden, and we always had lots of potatoes and my mother always made pickles too. Wish I had some today! Have a happy Sunday!---"Love"

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your blocks I have been thinking of the star block that you have going but I have too many going right now and a couple finishes before I get started on another.

Deb A said...

I wish I could figure out gardening down here. I had luck last winter but the spring/summer heat and working mornings just killed it this year... again. Must till it down and try again soon. I wish I could get cucumbers to grow down here so I could make pickles. Maybe this fall? So far only peas, beans, scallions work in the garden. Tomato, peppers and lettuce in pots. Maybe I should just have Aidan garden for me... he has a green thumb.

Your garlic knots are lovely.